Litters Due December 2012

Monteba

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Zara otherwise ok, LP?

Do you know if she definitely passed all of the placentas? Could she have retained one?

Zara is otherwise 100% fine GL - in every respect of the word :)

Definitely passed all the placentas - 1 placenta per pup on delivery and she also was given a shot of Oxy after the last pup to make sure she was empty. Vet was pretty confident when he saw her this arvo that she was going great, so doubt mastitis as he checked her all over also....

Have got the fan on her now and a cold towel on her and it seems to be bringing her temp down. I think she worked herself into such a frenzy this evening at the vet it may have caused the spike in the temperature. She was one stressed out little poppet because she couldn't get to her babies!!

Have got the fan on her now and a cold towel on her and it seems to be bringing her temp down. I think she worked herself into such a frenzy this evening at the vet it may have caused the spike in the temperature. She was one stressed out little poppet because she couldn't get to her babies!!

That would do it.

Looks like poor ash is going to have a long labour .I'm thinking early morning by time we have babies

Our bubbas are jack russells fibal count was 5 three boys two girl. One giirl was slow to get going and slow to feed just kept putting her on over night and this morning seems to be going ok mums milk s coming in nicely. Is it recommended for a vet check today or wait till monday my vets are closed sunday except for emergency. Mum and bub seem fine mum still has discharge not smelly just bit yucky ill clean her up this morning i didnt want to worry her too much last night

Our bubbas are jack russells fibal count was 5 three boys two girl. One giirl was slow to get going and slow to feed just kept putting her on over night and this morning seems to be going ok mums milk s coming in nicely. Is it recommended for a vet check today or wait till monday my vets are closed sunday except for emergency. Mum and bub seem fine mum still has discharge not smelly just bit yucky ill clean her up this morning i didnt want to worry her too much last night

5 seems to be the number for the month! Good work mumma - glad everything is going ok and the girl is doing better. I always take them to the vet on day 2, but others may do otherwise....

Come on ash you can do it. Poor girl must be tired we had yesterday of being restless all day but was totally surprised how quickly it was all over with.

Bubbas are going ok still concerned about the girl. Im going to take them to the vet on monday for a check up they said if i was concerned bring them in but all semm ok and mum is oing ok she is laying on the heat pad with them as its a bit cold here today. Not super keen on taking them to the vets as theres been alot of parvo around luckily im out of town and fully vaccinated but im scared to take mum and bubs in

Question how do you travel with them put them all in a crate with mum or i was thinking mum on backseat with babies in a box so she can still see them she stresses about the when i make her go out to the toilet.

Come on ash you can do it. Poor girl must be tired we had yesterday of being restless all day but was totally surprised how quickly it was all over with.

Bubbas are going ok still concerned about the girl. Im going to take them to the vet on monday for a check up they said if i was concerned bring them in but all semm ok and mum is oing ok she is laying on the heat pad with them as its a bit cold here today. Not super keen on taking them to the vets as theres been alot of parvo around luckily im out of town and fully vaccinated but im scared to take mum and bubs in

Question how do you travel with them put them all in a crate with mum or i was thinking mum on backseat with babies in a box so she can still see them she stresses about the when i make her go out to the toilet.

I find it easiest with two people. Zara got really stressed yesterday but normally mine have been fine. I put mum in the backseet and have someone sit there with her with puppies in a box/ washing basket with hot water bottle and towels. Mum can see/ lick the pups if she wants to, but I wouldn't leave her alone with the pups in the basket and most mums will try and climb in and end up hurting the pups.

Seems to work well for me :)

Good news that Ash is doing well Blitza - can't wiat to hear the final count.

Leopuppy - Congrats on the bubbas :thumbsup: and over so quickly, what a text book Whelping :) couldn't ask for better ...can't wait to see some photos :)

Dogmate - Congrats on your new additions, now all the fun begins :)

Blitza -Look forward to hearing more updates on Ash and her babies :)

My little ones are coming up to 6 weeks on Monday, I am getting sad that our time together is almost over :(

So far there's 2 black tri boys with tails ,1 blue merle girl - nbt ,red merle girl with tail. Ash is having that rest period and I awaiting on more news . The merles are nice and richly coloured .

Edited by Blitza

Comgratulations blitza and ash.

Im thinking the same dont take them if everything is ok .

Just got my trouble girl onfor a good feed all have put on weight already except this girl shes lost weight so have been going in every hour just got the best feed into her so far if i get her on shes getting stronger to suckshe had all milk around her mouth so assume shes getting it i have checked for cleft palate ot that i really know what im looking for but after looking at google images cant see anything. Thnk shes just a bit slow. We had a lamb born last year like that we had to put ewe and lamb in the stable and hold mum and get lamb on this went on for about a week then thye were fine didnt want to poddy it she was smaller than the other lambs but was ok.