Litters Due December 2012

Monteba

Our little girl is still struggling got her through another night shes lost 8 grams off her birth weight i started supp feeding her last night shes just so weak can only try shes def hydrated a bit over night with these feeds. Shes making a few more little noises this morning. The other four are going great. Fingers crossed i will do what i can for her. One of my mentors reccomended icecream mixed with the biolac her vet told her this apparently its got the extra glucose for while they are struggling then stop it once they are stronger she saved a few like this over the years. I can only get her to take 2 mls at a time she oly weighs 90 grams.i got her to wee and poo first time i had done it. And maybe shes just not meant to be.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our little girl is still struggling got her through another night shes lost 8 grams off her birth weight i started supp feeding her last night shes just so weak can only try shes def hydrated a bit over night with these feeds. Shes making a few more little noises this morning. The other four are going great. Fingers crossed i will do what i can for her. One of my mentors reccomended icecream mixed with the biolac her vet told her this apparently its got the extra glucose for while they are struggling then stop it once they are stronger she saved a few like this over the years. I can only get her to take 2 mls at a time she oly weighs 90 grams.i got her to wee and poo first time i had done it. And maybe shes just not meant to be.

:( thats all you can do is try, hope all goes ok.. fingers crossed

dogmate: sorry to hear about your little girl. You could also try Nutridrops (more concentrated than Nutrigel) - full of vitamins, glucose, etc. Another remedy (more for fading puppies, but anything is worth a shot) is boiling up a beef liver and giving her some of the juice when cooled. Keeping my fingers crossed for her

Is nutridrops a vet line or some where like pet barn? The nutri drops are like extra vitamins are they to help her suck?

So far so good shes starting to look for the teat when i put her on zoe i do that before i feed her i think she got some as she had milk around her lips but i then went on to get her to take 2.5 mls shes definately gotten stronger from last night so hope she can get through another night last night she was quite dehydrated. Ihad always said i will keep the one i love the most as triaaling is more my thing than showing this one is mismarked so def only pet so if she survives she might be my keeper otherwise to a good friend of mine.

Congratulations Blitza - just had a look at the photos on your website thumbsup1.gif Lovely babies.

I bet you become very attached to this little girl Dogmate - if she survives she has fighting qualities which will wriggle their way to your heart.

My girl is due on Thursday - looks like she has eaten a basketball. Onto three meals a day because she just can't fit 2 big ones in. I set the whelping box up today and will start taking temps on Tuesday.

dogmate: The nutridrops are just full of nutrients and also glucose, so hopefully will give her more strength to suck, and you don't need very much. You can get them at some pet stores. Maybe just phone around your local pet supply places in the morning. Whelping supplies also sells it. I usually have a bottle on hand when whelping. It's helped a few of my babies too :) http://www.whelpingsupplies.com.au/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=374

Well day three and little whitey is still hanging in there. Her weight goes up and down. Im feeding her every three hours round the clock. She seems to get stronger and reaches out for the syringe to suck it i put her on mum before each feed and sometmes she gets some other times i dont think she does. She is weeing and pooing well just that i cant get her to continually gain weight. Im using biolac so thinking of calling into vet and getting divetalact maybe a different formula might work better for her??. I bought a baby bottle with newborn teat but its too big for her little mouth. The others are packing on weight so obviously nothing to do with mums milk. Shes moving around more doesnt appear dehydrated but as i said just the unstable weight is a worry.

Wombaroo is the closest product to mothers milk, I would go for that :)

She's a fighter this one :)

Thanks i know my vet has that as well didnt think of that one obviously divetalacts advertising is working it was the first one to come to me.

Keep up the good work Dogmate thumbsup1.gif

Vet doesn't think Chica will last until Thursday - so I may get my birthday presents early biggrin.gif She now has a new hair cut allowing easy access to the milk bar (Chica not the vet) rofl1.gif

I was sent home to start taking her temperature - which was normal - so I will see what it is doing in the morning and decide if I will be going to work or not.

Good luck chita. Cant wait tohear of new arrivals.

Little whitey still hanging in i niticed shes a bit scoury this morning so will talk to ve about that i assume its like when we poddy lambs they lways seem to get scours i think itsthe milk can never be as good as mums and i know the others o on for a lot more shotprt feeds. Each day is a move forawrd but syill i wonder if something is wrong with her when i put her on zoe she doesnt wrap her tongue out and around the nipple like the others

Dogmate, I had one that was 1/2 the size of the others. I helped her feed for a few days then she seemed to burrow her way down to feed ok. Up until she was 4 weeks old she was still half the size. RUNT for sure. She looked like a runt. Turns out she had a heart murmur as it hadn't closed over at birth like the rest do.

At 4 weeks I thought of putting her down as she was so small but she was also so determined. The litter mates used her as a tug toy, they were horrible to her but she fought them off.

By 5 weeks there was significant growth and she began to catch the others.

By 6 weeks heart sounded norma and she wasn't much smaller than the rest.

By 6 months she was the biggest of them all and is such a tough little thing. She has spunk like none others.

If you can persevere, you may find it will pull through fine.

Thanks dasha im determined all right i have to take a puppy class at the vets on thursday so if she makes it till them im gong to take her in just for a check over. She put on 2 grams overnight and i must weight her before a bit early usuually do it at 4pm for consistency and shes put on another 2 grams today 2 gains she goes 2 steps forward one step back. I bought a whole avent sterlising pack with 4 baby bottles and teats yesterday from st innies for $5 but the teats are newborn human size way to big so called into vets and ended o with divetalact they were waiting ina delivery of wambaroo it was supposed to come yesterday but i needed it now and wasnt going into town again 40 min drive each way. I picked up a puppy teat and bottle and she managed to suck out of it 5mls which is amazing usually i can only get her to have 3 when we went from. 2 ml to 3 ml i was hoping it wasnt that last ditched attempt at life and i hoping that again. Every morning i go in hesitantly but am pleasantly surprised cant say im pleasantly surprised at the 3 am feed.

Thanks dasha im determined all right i have to take a puppy class at the vets on thursday so if she makes it till them im gong to take her in just for a check over. She put on 2 grams overnight and i must weight her before a bit early usuually do it at 4pm for consistency and shes put on another 2 grams today 2 gains she goes 2 steps forward one step back. I bought a whole avent sterlising pack with 4 baby bottles and teats yesterday from st innies for $5 but the teats are newborn human size way to big so called into vets and ended o with divetalact they were waiting ina delivery of wambaroo it was supposed to come yesterday but i needed it now and wasnt going into town again 40 min drive each way. I picked up a puppy teat and bottle and she managed to suck out of it 5mls which is amazing usually i can only get her to have 3 when we went from. 2 ml to 3 ml i was hoping it wasnt that last ditched attempt at life and i hoping that again. Every morning i go in hesitantly but am pleasantly surprised cant say im pleasantly surprised at the 3 am feed.

I am told liver water is amazing at picking up tiny puppies strength?

2 weeks old today!!! and we have eyes lol so currently I have 4 puppies spread out across the loungeroom as they start discovering the world... rather well socialized bubbahs with lots of visitors in the last week. mum is okay she's tiring feeding them so on occasion we have to pin them down so they can have a decent feed but apart from that they are doing so well.. will get some more photos this week