Melbourne Royal - Best In Show

SwaY

Can I ask a question in this little interlude????

How do they come up with the shortlist to go in to each group?

the judge chooses his top 8 (from all the BOB )and then whittles it down to his top 4

As in, all BOB show up today and they choose the top 8? Or do they sort go back through their records or whatnot and then just the top 8 go in today?

But thankyou at least I now know a bit more about why not every breed is in the group judging!!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the judge chooses his top 8 (from all the BOB )and then whittles it down to his top 4

As in, all BOB show up today and they choose the top 8? Or do they sort go back through their records or whatnot and then just the top 8 go in today?

But thankyou at least I now know a bit more about why not every breed is in the group judging!!

all BOB's in today, they they choose the top 8 then the top 4. It's a bit different cause of the best Puppy but that's for another time. mainly only at the Royals.

ETA if the BOB was Best Puppy and doesn't win they are then a beaten dog and can't go into the group lineup.

Edited by Rebanne

they judge the dogs on the day, no lists

Every breed that was awarded a BOB is in the ring before the judge. He just chooses what he believes to be the best of those then whittles it down to just the best four in his/her opinion.

all BOB's in today, they they choose the top 8 then the top 4. It's a bit different cause of the best Puppy but that's for another time. mainly only at the Royals.

ETA if the BOB was Best Puppy and doesn't win they are then a beaten dog and can't go into the group lineup.

no, if they were a BOB winner, they would still appear in group line up but most unlikely to win

have asked my sourse at the grounds just waiting for an answer if they are breaking for Lunch :D

Someone on Facebook said they aren't. Hope they are not, don't think I could cope waiting for Group 4 :rofl:

I also want to know grp 4 tooo :D

no, if they were a BOB winner, they would still appear in group line up but most unlikely to win

That is incorrect, if they didn't win Puppy in Group they cannot go in for BIG. It happened at the Sydney Royal.

no, I don't think so. At Sydney if you didn't win best Puppy in Group you were out of the BOB lineup.

Puppoochi - not sure about that - Assume the melbourne royal is the same as the adelaide royal. If Puppy was BOB, and didn't win puppy in group, it didn't go in to the Best in Group line up - that breed was missing in the group line up.

The rules state that a beaten dog cannot go in for BIG

So if the PIG winner was also a BOB winner the rest of the POB winners that were also BOB winners cannot return. However if the PIG winner was not a BOB winner then the POB winners that did win BOB can return to the ring for BIG as they haven't yet been beaten by the other BOB winners in the line up.

Group 4 Puppy

1st Borzoi 663 - Marakhoff Kennels: MARAKHOFF PASPAALEY

Dashhound Std longhair 1224 - Ms S Bennett: CHARLMAGNE JIIMMY CHOO (A.I.)

Irish Wolfhound 1981 - Mr S Bennetts: ORNUMFLOW QUIRINIUS

Whippet 3516 - Mrs N Rule-Steele: TAEJAAN STEP ASIDE BOYS

So if the PIG winner was also a BOB winner the rest of the POB winners that were also BOB winners cannot return. However if the PIG winner was not a BOB winner then the POB winners that did win BOB can return to the ring for BIG as they haven't yet been beaten by the other BOB winners in the line up.

I am sure that at Adelaide Royal regardless of if the Puppy in Group winner was also Best of Breed they could not go back as they have already been beaten as the puppy that beat them (if it was not best of breed) had already been beaten by a dog in the group line up. I hope that makes sense - it makes sense in my head but is hard to put into words.

I am sure that at Adelaide Royal regardless of if the Puppy in Group winner was also Best of Breed they could not go back as they have already been beaten as the puppy that beat them (if it was not best of breed) had already been beaten by a dog in the group line up. I hope that makes sense - it makes sense in my head but is hard to put into words.

I agree Piper. That's what happened at Sydney.

I agree Piper. That's what happened at Sydney.

I'm just glad you understood it - it is hard to find a way to explain it. I read it back and thought no one would get it, lol.