Coroner Calls For Laws On Breeding Restricted Breeds

Alyosha

If the KCs could find a way to include non pedigree dogs, (Appendix registries? Novelty show events? Something?)They could be gaining new members who learn about goals and purpose. The Kcs would gain a big voice.And be given some thing new to to measure themselves against,even if only in novelty events.

It exists in the form of the "associate register" for any desexed mutt, mongrel, non papered look-a-like and dogs of unknown parentage

There's also the "sporting register" which allows for the "working" dogs such as those Kelpies registered with WKC, to be listed on the register, remain entire and compete in agility, herding etc.

The purpose of the KC's is to maintain the "Pedigree" dog register, not to provide "novelty events" for dogs that are not recognised in any way

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the KCs could find a way to include non pedigree dogs, (Appendix registries? Novelty show events? Something?)They could be gaining new members who learn about goals and purpose. The Kcs would gain a big voice.And be given some thing new to to measure themselves against,even if only in novelty events.

It exists in the form of the "associate register" for any desexed mutt, mongrel, non papered look-a-like and dogs of unknown parentage

There's also the "sporting register" which allows for the "working" dogs such as those Kelpies registered with WKC, to be listed on the register, remain entire and compete in agility, herding etc.

The purpose of the KC's is to maintain the "Pedigree" dog register, not to provide "novelty events" for dogs that are not recognised in any way

Don't you find it hypocrital that some manning the ramparts screaming ''save the pitbulls'' & accusing the pure bred registeries & owners of not only supporting BSL but revelling in the ''slaughter'' are the same persons supporting the puppy millers, bred for profit only, shelter choking produce.

If the truth be known, there are probably more abandoned "oodles:, deliberatly bred mongrels, put down in week than there are pittie ''types'' in a whole year.

Edited by steamboat

Someone just jumped the shark :laugh:

Deep.

Nonsensical.

But deep.

The dog in my avatar is my sweet boy Kenny the "bandogge", who crossed the rainbow bridge two rears ago, aged nearly 13yo. I kept him safe, my local ranger came & temperament tested him & said he was the most stable dog he had seen in ages, he didn't register him as a restricted breed, or a dangerous dog.

My adopted dog is an 8yo purebred Staffy, who I will keep safe as well, because I am a responsible owner. Any breed of dog is a danger in the wrong hands.

BSL is a bad law.

Edited by mantis

Folks, as m-sass does, as Dougie does, Steamboat (if these are actually different people, which appears to be in some doubt given Steamboat posted one thing about a dog then got the boots stuck in this thread), is looking for a rise out of people. Classic troll behaviour. He/she has no actual commonsensical argument to make about this situation because he/she keeps posting contradictory information. Don't feed the troll. I have reported the behaviour. I seriously doubt whether Steamboat even has a dog.

Edited by Sheridan

Folks, as m-sass does, as Dougie does, Steamboat (if these are actually different people, which appears to be in some doubt given Steamboat posted one thing about a dog then got the boots stuck in this thread), is looking for a rise out of people. Classic troll behaviour. He/she has no actual commonsensical argument to make about this situation because he/she keeps posting contradictory information. Don't feed the troll. I have reported the behaviour. I seriously doubt whether Steamboat even has a dog.

Yep. Just ignore, there's really no point.

Even more nonsensical.

Yeah, I was pretty sure you wouldn't get it :laugh:

I get it, Ralph....it is Ralph Mouff isn't it?

It is just the jump hasn't happened & doesn't look like happening.

Mantis.

Bsl is a bad law?

i could have sworn i said that right at the begining.

Now, if we could only agree with the owner I.D. thingy, we would be on the same page.

No?

That's a pitty.

I know I shouldn't respond, but I have to refute his stupid posts, because there are visitors who are reading his crap. If these visitors read posts like his on a dog lovers forum, they might believe his crap.

Go for a walk up an average suburban street, with a clip board in hand and ask the question " should Pit Bulls and Pit Bull crosses be banned " and see what you come up with.

I think you'll find that the average visitor to DOL and the average person in the street will give you the answer of yes

try asking the question " should certain breeds of dogs be banned " and see what response you get.

Go for a walk up an average suburban street, with a clip board in hand and ask the question " should Pit Bulls and Pit Bull crosses be banned " and see what you come up with.

I think you'll find that the average visitor to DOL and the average person in the street will give you the answer of yes

try asking the question " should certain breeds of dogs be banned " and see what response you get.

Better duck!

Edited by steamboat

Better duck!

:laugh: some people will tell you horror duck stories and will tell you they should be banned too

Question for Mantis.

Did you get ANKC registration papers with your adopted staffy?

If you did?

That's wonderful.

If you didn't?

How do your know it's really a staffy, as in a pure bred Staffordshire Bull Terrier?

It may be a cross of one of those little pitbulls people here abouts are talking about.

Better duck!

:laugh: some people will tell you horror duck stories and will tell you they should be banned too

Not the old,

If it looks like a duck,

Walks like a duck,

Quacks like a duck,

It ain't a duck stories?

I know I shouldn't respond, but I have to refute his stupid posts, because there are visitors who are reading his crap. If these visitors read posts like his on a dog lovers forum, they might believe his crap.

And they're also reading the posts that say this guy is a troll. You're falling for it, Mantis, and I urge you to just put Steamboat on ignore. If trolls don't get an audience, they stop trying to wind people up.

Time to face some facts, then general public on the whole and politicians are not anti-BSL, infact they welcome legisaltion that makes them feel safer. regardless of it not being effective when it comes to providing a safer community and reducing bite stats.

I for one do not support BSL but the reality is that it's not going away any time soon, there is not about to be an overnight back flip in VIC (certainly hasn't happened in NSW in the 7 or 8 years since we've had it ). A great many of the anti-bsl supporters look like red necks and are not taken seriously because of the way that they have attempted to tackle the problem and comments made. It certainly does not help the cause to make references to Nazi Germany, Hitler, Jews, Holocauts and the like. Protests to date have been futile.

What can be done in the meantime to lessen the destruction of pets and innocent dogs ?

My suggestion is that the powers that be in VIC are pushed to adopt the NSW model. I know there's going to be people screaming blue murder at this suggestion but it does offer a way out, via breed assessment and temp testing, which is a hell of a lot more than the VIC legislation has going for it at the moment.

Want to keep your nice cross bred dogs safe ? then fight to have a reliable method of temperament testing included in the VIC laws.

ETA: seeking a better option in the short term, makes more sense than continuing to jump up and down and not be heard

Edited by Pav Lova

And they're also reading the posts that say this guy is a troll. You're falling for it, Mantis, and I urge you to just put Steamboat on ignore. If trolls don't get an audience, they stop trying to wind people up.

One would hope anyone reading the posts wouldn't take any notice of the imitators of the recent well publicized theatrics of attacking the person & slinging as much muck as one can invent in the vain the hope some will stick?

People are smarter than that. Most people that is.

People can sort out which comments have substance & which are just trying to retain their authors position in the pack of self righteous,long distance,not directly affected, frustrated hippie wanna be's cause seekers.

Who would have thought that expressing the opinion owners should be responsible for the I.Ding the breed/s of their own dogs would hit such a raw nerve.

I will be interested in Mantis' reply.

I may have one, maybe even two, more questions for her on the subject.