Sending Lens In For Repairs

PooMother

I have to send my Canon EFS 17-85 lens in to be fixed. It has been coming up with an error for some time and I've been reluctant to do it for fear of the cost. Anyway it turns out very good friend of OH actually works for Canon so he asked said friend about it. I wasn't after a cheap fix just somewhere I could trust. Turns out Canon here in Sydney actually send all repairs to Malaysia now......I was quite surprised by this.

Does anyone know of a Canon repairer that does the work here in Australia.

Thanks.

My 50mm had to go back to Canon for repair under warranty a couple of years ago, I thought they sent it to Sydney, but I'm not sure, I just assumed it and didn't ask questions. That's amazing, and a bit sad that they send them OS, just another job Aussies dont have anymore.

Yes that's what I thought to Kirislin about our jobs going. If he had said Japan I probably wouldn't have battered an eyelid.

Ive read on some forums that with the lens the issue is the screws and or a cable which can be fixed for next to nothing, not that I would attempt a self fix. Just seems this lens was notorious for the problems and never did a recall. Oh well I shall send it off and see what they say, whether I pay for a repair or put that money to another lens ........

I hope they trust them CC and aren't doing it solely for money saving.

Thanks, will report back on the outcome :-)

Mine jams and comes up with error 1 or 01 or even 09. I googled the error number and that's where I found the people with same issue. The Canon friend told OH there were big probs with a lot of them. Hopefully yours will stay trouble free. I was going to get the 1.4 but settled for the 1.8. I'd like a couple more lens as they are the only 2 I have.