Finally Found My Girls Husband

dogmate

Hi,

After almost two years of searching we have finally chosen a sire for our girl to be mated with. This has been a long process as i really want to do the right thing. I already have four people wanting pups plus and jacks semm to have smaller size litters. We have done all the health tests and the breeder of our girl had been fantastic guiding us through the way. Now we just wait and wait for her to come in season. I have warned my boss i will be taking leave but cant book it yet as we have to wait for her to come in season so we can work out dates. So excited this is my first litter i have always shown and trialled dogs since 1988 but this will be our first venture into having a litter and we are really looking forward to watching the pups develop and choosing the one i want all going to plan.

and for gods sake dont say you didnt choose him without complete genetic testing of him and her.

all xrays done etc.

these days choosing a sire because you like him, is parents or his pups, you may as well tie the noose and jump rather than post here

:rofl:

Yep all tests done to both which is why i took so long a dog i had my eye on the owner dint think it necessary to test???

The way we found him was by talking to many old timers in the breed club our own breeder who bred our bitch she knows pedigrees unbelievably. I had a few in mind first i just looked at as many dogs we cold see at a few specialties, the royal etc and local shows. I like one but his faults were smilar to hers the one i really like origianlly like i said wouldnt test her dog believing no issues are there its a waste of time....????so by talking to people a person in the breed club whose had jackies for ever suggested this dog first. Saw photos then met him in person and saw all his testing paperwork she also sent me photos and pedigree which i sent to my breeder who say it would be a good match it is a total outcross which i needed to do as my bitch is fairly closely bred and then if all goes to plan my breeder has my next line worked out for me. So nice to be in a supportive breed with wonderful people.