Puppy Prices - Variances

Llante

Cheewowwas ? Not likely - too much like rats to me I cant even spell it rofl1.gif

Never forget the morning I heard Karl Stefanovic from the Today Show call them "Chi Who Wah Who Wahs! :rofl:

Edited by LizT

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheewowwas ? Not likely - too much like rats to me I cant even spell it rofl1.gif

for the life of me i cant remember what or whatever gave me that idea?

anyway dont know if theres a thread it should go into but everyone really watch out for snakes, the daughter of one of my last girls is at the vets fighting for her life, they told her owner another 5 minutes later n no possible hope, she has already had to be resuciated after a cardic arrest, so all who know darling buffie are praying for her.

why ho why cant they run away instead of towards a snake :cry:

Also Ive been breeding beagles for a very long time - almost 40 years and Ive put a lot of science into ensuring they are predictable.

Lots of people ask for a more assertive one or a quieter one or a laid back or an adventurer but depending on when you are looking they really are all the same. You could come here one day and think one or the other is more friendly etc and then tomorrrow it will be another and it depends on how long ago they ate or slept etc .

There is no way with my beagle babies that I could say one or the other is more suited to a family with kids or other wise. they all move around with their noses down and tails up, they all eat without yelling at the others, they all want a cuddle as much as any other .

For anyone reading this, considering another breed, the temperaments, personalities and activity levels can vary enormously within a litter in many other breeds. I have had Border Collies for nearly 30 years and most litters, not just mine, have a wide variety in every litter. For this reason responsible BC breeders never definitely promise puppies to anyone until they are at least 6 weeks of age so they can best match them to the right homes. With my last litter I still had 10 buyers waiting for my last puppy but turned them all down as unsuitable for that particular puppy. I kept her until the right buyer came along. The more demanding the breed is to live with the more important it is to match the dog to owner.

Beagles are a pretty easy going breed, unless you want to train for competition obedience, when they become a real challenge.

for the life of me i cant remember what or whatever gave me that idea?

anyway dont know if theres a thread it should go into but everyone really watch out for snakes, the daughter of one of my last girls is at the vets fighting for her life, they told her owner another 5 minutes later n no possible hope, she has already had to be resuciated after a cardic arrest, so all who know darling buffie are praying for her.

why ho why cant they run away instead of towards a snake :cry:

Oh no! I almost lost a cat to a snake! Yellow whip tail. Was complete bag of bones when I found him. He was never himself after that and was scared of life itself. He lives with some dear friends who have no other animals or kids and is doing much better. A case of selflessness sending him to a better home, but I do miss him. I do get to visit whenever I like though, so it isn't so bad.

I'm glad that there is a term I was thinking about. I'm not convinced on anything like that, but it's worth knowing everything right?

Steve, you are killing me here with your cute photos! I fell in love with one only a week ago now. A rehome, I was so clucky I tidied the house, baked some doggie biscuits and couldn't sleep the day before we met her. I'm still sad we missed her, but I keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason. After what I know, she was a pet store pup, smaller than average which apparently means problems may occur for her later on.

I'm understanding the not seeing pups beforehand too, I've never bought a pup from a litter, only from pounds and rescues, so I guess it's required to get a feel for temperament etc. but when it's pups from the same litter, of dogs you know like your own children, it's easy to mould them to suit the family.

I'm all giggles and cluck lol! Had dreams last night of converting a section of the house into a pup area with a playpen. Building some outdoor play equip that children and dogs can play on together. Cute bow ties and bow matching accessories for the dogs. Even have her name picked out, if we end up with a girl.

Have I said thank you enough yet?

Also Ive been breeding beagles for a very long time - almost 40 years and Ive put a lot of science into ensuring they are predictable.

Lots of people ask for a more assertive one or a quieter one or a laid back or an adventurer but depending on when you are looking they really are all the same. You could come here one day and think one or the other is more friendly etc and then tomorrrow it will be another and it depends on how long ago they ate or slept etc .

There is no way with my beagle babies that I could say one or the other is more suited to a family with kids or other wise. they all move around with their noses down and tails up, they all eat without yelling at the others, they all want a cuddle as much as any other .

For anyone reading this, considering another breed, the temperaments, personalities and activity levels can vary enormously within a litter in many other breeds. I have had Border Collies for nearly 30 years and most litters, not just mine, have a wide variety in every litter. For this reason responsible BC breeders never definitely promise puppies to anyone until they are at least 6 weeks of age so they can best match them to the right homes. With my last litter I still had 10 buyers waiting for my last puppy but turned them all down as unsuitable for that particular puppy. I kept her until the right buyer came along. The more demanding the breed is to live with the more important it is to match the dog to owner.

Beagles are a pretty easy going breed, unless you want to train for competition obedience, when they become a real challenge.

Thanks for this, I do love the look of BC but there is no way I'd be able to fully care for one. We have a friend with one and she is A LOT of work. Absolutely adorable though!

Minimax The Maremmas house train their puppies much quicker and better than the beagles so at about 6 weeks they take over and help the beagle mum and within a week they are all going way out to go to the toot . No mess - no work for me to do - easy.

Edited by Steve

Minimax The Maremmas house train their puppies much quicker and better than the beagles so at about 6 weeks they take over and help the beagle mum and within a week they are all going way out to go to the toot . No mess - no work for me to do - easy.

Hehe, yeah all you have to do is keep some Maremmas, no work at all for you ;)