Border Collie Needing A Home

Any home really! My little sister gave in to the hubby on his claim that the kids need a dog. He had a border collie growing up and so should his kids... He insisted they get a dog for his son, who had just turned two, oh, and my sister had just had another baby...

So... we can see what has happened. Now they are my sister is looking for a home for the dog.

Basically we have a 15 month old border collie, naturally un desexed, no training whatsoever and bought from a " breeder" The poor thing is all over the shop. No training, no hope. She lives in Townsville. I have been watching this lovely train wreck for the last few months. Please, She want's to find a home for it.

If there is a working dog/border collie rescue around there, this is an accident waiting to happen. :( More info, if I can get it, please PM)

Such a shame to read this thread as a Border Collie is such a terrific dog. Very intelligent & make a fabulous family dog, in the right hands, with a family that had time to train/exercise & make them a

loving family member. Sorry but just upsets me so.

The Border Collie Club in NSW, not sure what state you are in, but they have a BC rescue . I'm pretty sure. Maybe you could give them a ring? If not I'm sure they could put in touch with the right people.

Hope he finds the home he rightly deserves. Good on you for trying to help this poor fella.

Hi

As a past owner of a BC cross female I understand how testing this breed can be - even when trained and socialized.

Mine was almost too intelligent for her own good :)

Try Australian Working Dog Rescue http://www.workingdogrescue.com.au/

If I remember correctly the lady who started this is in North Queensland.

They certainly have BCs listed on their site, and would be a good starting point for you or the family concerned.

Good luck and the dog (if it could speak) would probably thank you.

Yes laughtong, they are way too intelligent at times, you have to keep one step ahead of them otherwise they out smart us.

It is just unfortunate because it is always the dog that suffers to the point of homelessness as in this case. They can be' a lot of dog' if you like for some.

It never ceases to amaze, & you hear it far too often that people don't do their homework BEFORE purchasing a Border Collie. Sit down & really think it through. If in ANY doubt that they

may be time poor or what ever, DON'T purchase a BC. Maybe buy something that is less work. My heart goes out to this poor dog going to waste, both mentally & physically.

I sure do hope he finds the loving/devoted home he so deserves :(

Edited by BC Crazy

Sadly the dog is in limbo. My sister (primary care giver, hubbie works all day) hates him and he is tied up all day. She told me "I keep letting him out the gate and hope he will run away but the stupid thing keeps coming back" When I pointed out that should he cause an accident she remembered he is chipped in the husbands name (in other words, " oh well, he can pay the fine"). So sadly, she can't give him away without him and he wont say yes :( I passed on NQanimalrescues details to her if she can talk the hubbie round. I really hope they do.

This story just sickens me, sorry, I understand she's your sister but the dogs welfare must come first. Am at a loss for words. Poor boy. How cruel can people be. So wife lets him out gate in the vien hope he will run away :( shame on her.

Hubby is IMO in desperate need of a reality check. He obviously doesn't have the time nor the inclination to look after this poor fellow properly but he won't set him free so he can have some quality of life with a family that actually cares about him :(

I so hope someone can give him a real home where he can be loved & feel part of the family. Surely that isn't much to ask given the fact that he didn't ask to be in his present predictiment in the first place. He's been deprived from any part of that thus far thanks to this family :(

Edited by BC Crazy