Perth Rescue Group - Jrt Needing A Home

I've posted this in the WA thread in General, but guess it would be best in here too.

I have called Shenton Dogs Home this morning, but they are understandably full and will call be back once they have checked out their waiting list. Can anyone recommend any other groups to try?

If I ever get my hands on the mobile groomer who thought it was a good idea to pass a lively JRT onto my elderly great aunt after her senior GS passed away, then I will throttle him :mad

Many thanks :)

I've just had my 85yr old great aunt on the phone in tears as she has put her dog in boarding kennels today and won't be having him back. She has realized he is just too much for her and can't cope with him anymore

He is a 7yr old Jack Russell type, white and tan boy. Neutered, vaccinated microchipped etc, but he is just too lively for my aunt, so I will help her re-home him. I'll give Shenton a ring tomorrow, but thought I'd mention it in here in case anyone knows of someone looking for a terrier type dog. He has a lovely temperament, would need training but has picked up the few things I have shown my aunt quickly. Not sure how he'd be with cats as any critter that gets in her yard doesn't last long. She takes him out on daily walks, so I think he is ok on the lead, but don't think he has ever been off-lead with her.

Pic in original post below - not great but she sent me this one of him with a visiting friend. Any other suggestions of where to try with regards to finding him a home would also be appreciated.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/182056-western-australian-thread/page__view__findpost__p__5999141

Jacks and cats def. don't mix!!

Two JRTs here, both love my cat. But I've heard similar from others, thinking I have the exception not the rule?

I really hope you can find a home, my grandmother was recently searching for a small dog but rescued a silky terrier. I'll let her know and she might know of someone looking.

If you like to email me [email protected] I can put him up on my site to help him get a home. I hate people that do this not only to the old lady but to our breed. I am always getting older people that want them but I say they need older ones or ones that a much quieter and quite a few do get along with cats, as I am testing them all the time for new homes.

wish you were closer because I would take him in.

Thanks for the suggestions Tibbie_tabbie :)

If you like to email me [email protected] I can put him up on my site to help him get a home. I hate people that do this not only to the old lady but to our breed. I am always getting older people that want them but I say they need older ones or ones that a much quieter and quite a few do get along with cats, as I am testing them all the time for new homes.

Many thanks JRT RESCUE :D I'll speak my aunt tomorrow and see if she has a better photo of him, and also that she is happy for him to go on a website. I'll email you if all ok.

Unfortunately she got him just before we moved over from the UK, otherwise I would have advised her not to. By the time we met him she had already fallen for him, but as she's got a bit older she is just getting worn down by his energy level :(

They are such cracking little dogs, he's just not the right dog for her but he will make someone a great pet :)

Thanks for the suggestions Tibbie_tabbie :)

Many thanks JRT RESCUE :D I'll speak my aunt tomorrow and see if she has a better photo of him, and also that she is happy for him to go on a website. I'll email you if all ok.

Unfortunately she got him just before we moved over from the UK, otherwise I would have advised her not to. By the time we met him she had already fallen for him, but as she's got a bit older she is just getting worn down by his energy level :(

They are such cracking little dogs, he's just not the right dog for her but he will make someone a great pet :)

Where abouts in Perth are they? PM if you'd like :)

Would it help in the meantime if someone popped by and ran the dog, until a home is found?

Hmm....just had a thought - shenton do a 'seniors for seniors' program, wonder if they would do a 'swap' ? She'd still have a dog, but a well matched one, with a lot if support.

I managed to have a bit more of a chat with my great aunt today and she is understandably emotional about it at the moment, so is thinking about things for a couple of days. She says she knows deep down in her heart that to re-home him would be the best thing, but I can't pressure her. I can't continue calling rescue groups etc until she is 100% (which it sounded like she was on thursday, but then she didn't seem to want to talk yesterday).

He's in boarding kennels and is booked in for another 10 days, so a bit of breathing space atm, but as soon as she calls me I can get the ball rolling. We could also pay for him to board for a bit longer if that option is available.

I managed to have a bit more of a chat with my great aunt today and she is understandably emotional about it at the moment, so is thinking about things for a couple of days. She says she knows deep down in her heart that to re-home him would be the best thing, but I can't pressure her. I can't continue calling rescue groups etc until she is 100% (which it sounded like she was on thursday, but then she didn't seem to want to talk yesterday).

He's in boarding kennels and is booked in for another 10 days, so a bit of breathing space atm, but as soon as she calls me I can get the ball rolling. We could also pay for him to board for a bit longer if that option is available.

Poor thing, it's so horrible she has been put in this situation (grrr - groomer)

FYI - I see you are a crestie fan - Shenton had a 5 year old chinese crested power puff brought in today (maybe a cross, he had some hair - sorry i'm clueless with the breed!). Poor thing looked petrified, hope he finds a home soon :(