People Can Be Amazing!

Freshstart16

What a sweet story! :)

A couple of years ago, my neighbours dog got out after a thunder and hail storm. I went and knocked on the door, music was at full volume blaring and no answer. I think she had turned the music up while she was out to try keep her storm phobic dog calmer.

Poor thing I put him under their carport but she must have destroyed the barrier on their gate and kept appearing out the front. He was dripping wet so I brought him home and gave him a blow dry and a nice bed with a heat pack. The neighbour didn't get home until about 12.30 at night and she was so relieved that I had taken Winston in. The next day She came over with one of those Huge boxes of Ferrero Rochers for me! :laugh:

So nice! I definitely didn't expect anything and was just happy I was home to keep him safe. There's been several times I've returned dogs I seem to be an inconvenience to the owners :(:mad, It's just nice when people appreciate it! I know I would. :)

Lovely story and you so did the right thing. Which in itself is so hard these days as some people are too quick to judge if you hold on to an animal for more than an hour without ringing every vet and AH service available to report you have found a dog, they think you are trying to perloin it! :grimace:

Good on you for keeping her safe. :flower:

Lovely story and you definitely did the right thing :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Polar is just gorgeous, I can see why you are missing her!

I had my golden retrieve escape out of my yard one afternoon and was panicking running around the streets trying to find in. Some of my neighbours came out and helped me and found him (he'd taken himself down for a swim in a nearby river) I was so, so grateful to them I took them a box of choccies the next day.

If I see dogs loose if I can get a hold of them I either take them to the vet to be scanned (this happened once and got a grateful phone call from the owner that afternoon) or take them to the RSPCA (did this once and they found the owner). Luckily I haven't ever found any at night time but I would do the same thing as you.

I don't expect anything back from it but I figure if Snowy went missing I would want someone to help get him back to me so I do it for others.

A lovely story Destroya...I too have been on the receiving end of kindness like yours. I? Was living in Gunnedah with my son and family and came down to Sydney to see my mother. Justbafter I arrived my son rang me to say my Cavalier Star had disappeared from their backyard and despite him driving around looking for hours he was nowhere to be sen. You can imagine my frustration and worry being hundreds of miles away and not being able to do anything. I rang all the vets in Gunnedah and left a description etc.. No sign...one of the receptionists suggested I leave a message with the local radio station. Imdidmthis and shortly after got a call to say he'd been found ...he'd wandered mother road and was playing with some children who'd come to visit their grandma. Sh e had taken him in and her daughter had held him overnight and returned him to my son after I'd rung her. I gave flowers and chocolates all round!!! I was afraid that he'd been stolen to breed with as he hadn't then been desexed... Too young and..his microchip had disappeared !!L Sometimes happens the Vet told me later when he got a new one. And of course he's now desexed. I was very grateful for the kind actions of those ladies.

What a lovely story. A few weeks ago i went for dinner at my mum's house with my kids we stayed quite late it was 9:30ish when i noticed the outside sensor light turn on. I mentioned it to mum and her and myself went to investigate who was outside saw two dogs, a golden retriever and an aussie shepherd. it was raining and i went outside and called and whistled got down low and both dogs ran towards me i managed to snag both collars which had tags. grabbed leads out of my car and called owners. once owners returned call they came to collect dogs. They had only just replaced their fences as they were getting out so she had no idea how they got out and were so greatful. Think she was shocked i knew the aussie shepherd breed not too common in our area.

the next day her and her daughter came up to our house with home made doggy treats, some looked like icecream cones and cupcakes they were awesome. iwas just glad dogs were ok

I'd say you are one of those people who can be amazing!

Lovely thing to do :)

Agree! If my dogs got out I hope they would be lucky enough to be picked up and kept safe by someone just like you. Well done and I hope the family pay it forward :-)

a huge thanks to all who help wandering dogs...

Polar is indeed a lucky girl...

is she really a Golden retriever????? When i look at her pic and you say she looks like a polar bear i think maremma !! but maybe that is just me

Helen

could be I was just guessing the breed :)