Guess The Breed......

There is a little shar pei in there but I cant see an awful lot. He looks like he moves quite fluidly and shar pei have a stilted stiff back leg walk. I'm also voting for Dane or mastiff type in there somewhere.

1352205022[/url]' post='6011743']

Spikey all sticky up hair like a dunny brush crew cut - is a sharpei thing. . If he shows no interest in the treat - also a common shar pei trait.

Dont agree with this. Usually if they don't want a treat that means they are unwell !

Well that tongue definitely proves there are some pei there

Edited by Cat

Maybe treats out in the park are different to treats at home? I've not met one that will take a treat from me - any treat. Even fresh roast chicken. And they can't all be unwell - I see two on a regular basis several times a week. And I see what ever Sharpei Rescue brings to various dog meet ups. Met one people person sharpei x but the x was SBT. Wiggle dog sharpei and very friendly. All the rest have been way more interested in "what's over there"...

Shar pei are wary of strangers so taking food from someone they don't know is an uphill battle. Once they know you and know what type of treat you have then its a totally different equation. laugh.gif

Ignoring food from strangers is a good thing. The two I see regularily - are making friends with my dog, they look out for her now and are quite interested in what she sniffs and where she goes. But they still pretty much ignore me. They do pay attention to their owner - which is more than I can say for most dogs at our park. The sharpei owner does not have to worry about them foraging and eating stuff like left over chicken carcass or other take away debris or invading the club bbq space. Her main worry is them trying to crap where she can't find it. They like privacy for that.

• 2 weeks later...