Dog Stops Home Invaders From Stealing Baby

Aphelion

I guess mentioning the breed in a news article is only important when it's doing something wrong.

SO TRUE! The media would scream "pit bull" if this was a negative story, but there is NO mention of breed because its a positive story. Pathetic.

I guess mentioning the breed in a news article is only important when it's doing something wrong.

SO TRUE! The media would scream "pit bull" if this was a negative story, but there is NO mention of breed because its a positive story. Pathetic.

Yes I noticed the breed identity missing, but at least they had the pic, so there aren't many people who wouldn't know what kind of dog it is.

Awesome dog! How frightening for the family!!

Yes I noticed the breed identity missing, but at least they had the pic, so there aren't many people who wouldn't know what kind of dog it is.

I think the kind of people who buy into the media hype about dog breeds are the kind of people who wouldn't actually recognise that this dog is of a type that they hear about on the news.

Yes exactly. How many times has it been shown that people don't know what pit bulls look like? The media only wants to scare people. People think Boxers are pit bulls. People think my Amstaff is a Beagle. They only mention the breed as a bull breed when they want to scare people. At a dog park I had someone ask me if a Mastiff running around was a pit bull. This person worked at a kennel.

So glad Mum & baby are ok. What a wonderful dog, I hope they gave it steak for dinner. Also great to see a positive story on a Bull breed showing what their true nature is, if not owned by morons. :thumbsup:

I was thinking the same thing, as well as wondering why not a squeak it was a bulli breed.

good press and they stay quiet, at least they posted the photo of the hero.

but still feel its a good press opportunity lost.

Edited by asal

Thought this article might please some of you :)

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2012/11/25/11/47/pitbull-saves-baby-from-would-be-kidnappers

What a good dog! And an excellent example of bully loyalty and bravery.

Only just saw this and that's great. I thought at least they had a picture and video in the original article I came across, but they were so vague about the dog, which was a shame. Considering how often the breed is splashed across the news at any time of an attack, it's great to see someone mentioning the breed name also when the news is positive.