Dogs Scared Of Fireworks & Nye

HeelerLove

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gus was pretty good up until midnight. Then they started going off everywhere and he ran straight into the shed and squeezed himself into a little spot under the bench. I sat with him and gave him a pat now and then and he was no where near as bad as last time. Then one of the neighbours 2 doors down let one off and he freaked again and my normally bomb proof girl who'd been snoozing all night came sprinting in the shed and dove head first into my lap lol.

Both calm and in their beds by just after 12:30 though :)

We had random ones start about 9-9.30 and the ones at midnight went forever!

My usually terrified one was unusually calm and after putting on his thundershirt and putting him in his crate, he went straight to sleep. Woke occasionally if it was big and close but still accepted food and remained calm :thumbsup:

Which was great as most of my attention was on my brothers Stafford who I am looking after, only a baby so never seen/heard fireworks so I was preparing for anything! He was good though, a few "what's that!" cries but calmed quickly :)

When you sit and watch the neighbours cat eat your dinner, so end up hungry..

Did you post this in the wrong thread SL? :laugh:

Yep edited and posted in the right thread now.. I don't even know how it ended up in here (I wasn't even looking in this one)..

Mine were all good, a few barks here and there, but not too much stress. Fireworks finished by about 5 or 10 past midnight, at about 12:30, Zehra went nuts and started barking her head off. She's a bit slow on the uptake sometimes! :laugh: As much as I joke about her being dim, she does that a lot, something happens, then about half an hour after the fact, she gets riled up. I can't figure another reason other than she's slow :shrug: