Grooming Gear

Hey guys,

I was wondering what everyone's favourite grooming tool was, brushes in particular? I have an idea which I am working on, but was wondering what brushes you found most useful? And which brands you think are the best?

Feel free to post multiple ones that you like. Hopefully I will be able to let you all know what I am working on soon. :D

Mason Pearson Bristle/Nylon Brushes for coated breeds. Nothing else comes close.

+ 1... Love Mason Pearson b/n brushes as well. Thanks for the heads up on them dancinbcs, they work magic on both my BC's who are neutured so their coats are quite thick, especially around their pants etc :)

Edited by BC Crazy

I like Plush Puppy long pin brushes on the Zoi. Plus they are tough and affordable as mine tend to get dropped and misplaced and used by the kids etc.

Slicker I only use on wet and conditioner filled coat so anything that can cope with that - ie plastic backed!

A long toothed comb as well and a standard rake is also handy during the wet brush-through if needed.

The Pom has to suck it up and use the 'Zoi gear. He is after all a borzoi impostor in our house. :D But he has a range of scissors in addition. And a teeny slicker for legs, and a shaving & toothbrush brush for chalk application.

Pin brushes from a wig company (were restickered and sold on by Plush Puppy for 3 x the price) together with Les Pooches and Doggyman slickers with a good quality greyhound comb as basic grooming tools for the American Cockers.