• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes tlc still my only lens :laugh:

I do looove bokeh :love: :)

It's f2.8, I would really love something wider, I would have to learn to be more accurate though, but for the straight looking down shots I would love f1.8-2 somewhere there so that just the head is sharp and the whole body is bokehry.

The nifty fifty is 1.8 I think and very cheap but I just have so many other expenses at the moment that I really can't justify it :(. Still dreaming of the 70-200...

Looking forward to seeing the puppy pics Esky! :D Exciting times ahead!

Sometime we tell children (not very young ones) that we pulled them out and swapped them over :eek::mad I know we shouldn't but it's funny. Everywhere we go we are followed by whispers of "oh look its got different coloured eyes... look so does the other one"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm glad I wasn't drinking coffee!

Thanks Gertrude and tlc, I can't believe Harvey's 3 already! It was only yesterday he was a pathetic little puppy! :heart:

11250968125_8fbdab741b_z.jpg

Puppy Harvey by nzalis99, on Flickr

Clay and I got a lovely surprise at our local obedience club presentation night.

He won an award for the Highest Placed Dog in Club Competitions for 2013.

He wasn't overly impressed when I told him that he couldn't eat his new trophy.

Week 49/52

11263143745_1cc6d28ace_z.jpg

Well done Clay!

That puppy pic of Harvey is adorable!

G139, the 50mm 1.4 or the 85mm 1.8 are both great, the 85mm especially has amazing bokeh! I started out with the 50mm 1.8 and for a cheap lens it's pretty good.

The 70-200 f/2.8 is definatley on my wish list one day but for the time being I've got the f/4 and it's amazing too.

I hadn't used my 24-70 f/2.8 lot but I did a shoot for a family the other day and the pictures were great, mines the sigma version and it's pretty amazing!

We almost need to start next years thread, so I can attempt to join in with my pup :)

Yesssss! I will hold you to this! It's so great having a puppy to watch growing throughout the year.

Totally just impulse bought myself a dslr.. :) I'm in. :laugh:

Love this thread so many stunning doggies

We almost need to start next years thread, so I can attempt to join in with my pup :)

Yesssss! I will hold you to this! It's so great having a puppy to watch growing throughout the year.

Totally just impulse bought myself a dslr.. :) I'm in. :laugh:

Love this thread so many stunning doggies

Yayyyyyy! Puppies are sooooo cute!

Harvey is looking like he is reflecting on the past year in his photos, very pensive looking.

Athena and Salt playing in the yard at our new place. It has trees and grass which they are not used to! :laugh:

I think Athena looks like a giant ferret in this one, it makes me laugh.

11400028104_7d7cbe2f55_z.jpg

The Husk-a-ferret by Gertrude139, on Flickr

Athena being her usual cheeky self, she pounced on me and decided to perch on my legs so I leant back and took a photo of the brat-face

11390362153_065f14ed0c_z.jpg

Athena by Gertrude139, on Flickr

Well its good you got the 4 seconds he looks pretty happy.

I tried some action shots this week

IMG_5344_zps22c09228.jpg

IMG_5346_zps800bd0e5.jpg

Love the focus in yout giant ferret picture Gertrude, I seem to be pretty hit and miss with action stuff.

Impatiens Harvey definitely makes a good silhouette.

Nice ferret shot, Gertrude! :laugh: Love the cheeky face too!

The rear view of Jake is pretty cute! :D Looks like he's found something under that tree stump!

I'm loving your Christmas shots Weibritty! :xmassmile: Clay is a good boy - 4 seconds is a lot more than I'd get from Harvey!

Week 50 - Under a Pohutukawa - the kiwi Christmas tree!

11493977455_76fa3bffeb_z.jpg

52-2013-50 by nzalis99, on Flickr

Hope everyone has a great Christmas! :xmaswave::xmastree:

Merry Christmas 52 weekers! :xmasmerrychristmas::xmascheer::xmastree::xmassantawave: Love the Christmassy shots everyone!

My Mum recently foster failed and adopted Blue, they have come to stay with us for Christmas.

Blue

11526404784_d4a5f8e468_z.jpg

Merry Christmas from Blue by Gertrude139, on Flickr

And I already put these in the doggie Christmas thread but I'll put them here too

11250336836_764d7303fc_z.jpg

Merry Christmas from Salt by Gertrude139, on Flickr

11250393614_b6c2cd2ec0_z.jpg

Merry Christmas from Athena by Gertrude139, on Flickr

As we are pretty much into the last week of 2013 I thought I'd pop in and say how much I've loved seeing all your doggy pictures over the last 6 months.

Gertude: I noticed you had a goal of improving your photography skills and you have done outstandingly, I wouldn't believe only a year ago that you said you would never be great at it. I really appreciated you using your new found skills at kepala as well :)

Hankdog: Jake is such a little cutie, It's been great seeing all the mischief he gets up to

TLC: congrats on managing to take so many photos of your dogs all together, no doubt they are truly sick of one another by now :p and I've no idea how you keep their hair the same length all year round, Sarah is always looking different after my experimentation's with the clipper and scissors

Weibritty: Clay is a very handsome young man, who would have thought only a year ago he was a helpless furball of cuteness, you manage to capture him beautifully

and Impatiens: as a recent cocker convert it's been wonderful seeing Harvey's adventures from across the ditch

I'm currently anticipating the new 52 weeks for dogs thread so I can join in and hopefully improve my skills in the process. I did manage to capture a few nice moments on a camping trip last week but you will have to wait to see them :D