Fire Warning For Nsw And Act

poochmad

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have Recieved a phone call. Scared the shit out of me.

I'm in Silverdale Housesitting ATM. Have things set and ready to leave if need be but I also have to work tomorrow -:(

Have people nearby that I'm hoping can help if needed.

Take care everyone.

Regards

Bel

Possible evacuations NSW

The Dogs NSW Erskine Park Grounds are currently closed and locked during the office close down.

Due to the extreme conditions predicted for tomorrow, I have made arrangements for a staff member to be available on call to open the gates should the need arise for any unfortunate evacuees who may be needing a place to camp with their dogs. This person lives close to the grounds and can be there on short notice.

The gates will not be opened unless a real need arises so please note my following contact details to contact in case of any such emergency. I will be available all day.

Home: (02) 4389 4877

Mobile: 0428 119 391

If any evacuees do need to use Erskine Park, the actual situation will be monitored and reviewed with the intention of providing the maximum facilities to assist the best possible outcomes for those affected.

It would be appreciated if this notice could be cross-posted as widely as possible.

Tom Couchman

President

Dogs NSW

Have Recieved a phone call. Scared the shit out of me.

I'm in Silverdale Housesitting ATM. Have things set and ready to leave if need be but I also have to work tomorrow -:(

Have people nearby that I'm hoping can help if needed.

Take care everyone.

Regards

Bel

Agree. The phone call and multiple text messages are quite scary. We are in the middle of Goulburn so will be a base for friends and family who need it.

Last night got 2 phone calls and 2 SMS's, but was already aware of the warning. We are between Canberra and Goulbourn, south of Lake George. So we have all our important documents and a few other important things packed in the cars, and already to go if need be. I decided I wont go to work and stay home, especially as my elderly mum lives here as well, she in one house and me in the other.

I hope everyone else is OK.

Mark

Stupid people.

Our lovely Vet said at 4pm he's already had two emergency revivals of heat-stressed dogs, and sadly one cat that didn't make it. He expects more calls this evening as people get home to pets with not enough shelter, water etc.