Learning To Groom Your Own Dog

Yep, it'll sure as heck save you money in the future if you decide you want to do them yourself! I do Carl (terrier x) and Jag (Bichon) at home every 6-8 weeks, or whenever their hair starts bugging me. :laugh: I bought a Wahl set a few years ago, and then switched to Andis ACG two-speed earlier this year. I'm lucky in that I learned to do a decent clip on Carl, and he happily rolls over onto his back to let me clip his legs/belly and is very pliable. :o I do a #10 all over on them both, apart from tails/face.

Always brush & comb out the whole coat completely & make sure there are no knots in it before you bath. Then you clip after the bath. The coat must be completely dry to clip.

Unless the dog has bad matts, then you clip them out, then bath. You can clip a dirty dog but then you need to bath it & clip it again for a good finish.

Edited by Christina

Okay that's what I thought, thanks! :) Luckily she doesn't really matt, even when in full coat with minimal brushing, just the odd one around her ears.

Maybe I'll just get the KM2 which comes with a #10 and get the #7 later if I need it.

Now I just need her coat to grow back some more so I can practice. :D