Correct Tilte Wording

Airedaler

Hi All,

Could someone please tell me what is the correct title for Supreme champion?

Is it simply supreme champion or is it Australian Supreme Champion? I need to include it on some certificates.

Many thanks in anticipation. I've spent quite a bit of time trying to find it on Dogs vic and ANKC web pages to not avail.

The correct wording is Supreme Champion.

The word "Australian" was taken out of all Australian conformation titles a while ago. So what was known as australian Champion is now just Champion.

Obviously if you were only describing titles among international circles you would include the word Australian to distinguish between title gained in other countries, but ANKC have officially dropped it on certificates.

I have looked in a catalogue from Saturday and appears in there as Sup CH XXXXX XXX. Champion is just CHG. grand is GR.CH. Aust only gets mentioned if NZ is also added. as in NZ/Aust CH.

But I think to write it its Australian Supreme Champion. Australian Grand Champion, Australian Champion, Australian Neuter.

Cannot place my hand on Ruby's immediately to check.

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

Wording from ANKC regs:

7.10 Supreme Champion (10/11)

a) Using the points system as approved by the ANKC Ltd at the time, an animal will

be required to attain the following qualifications to be eligible to the title of

Supreme Champion.

So I would conclude the correct wording is Supreme Champion.

Aust only gets mentioned if NZ is also added. as in NZ/Aust CH.

Not sure this is the case any more. Have seen certified pedigrees with a dual title such as this listed as Ch NZ Ch or NZ Ch Ch (depending upon which country the dog is from).