Very Light Soft Crate Or One That Is Easy To Carry

JulesP

Can anyone recommend a crate that is either lighter or easier to carry than a K9+ or K9 pro type crate?

Ok they aren't that heavy but when you have 2 dogs and a bag it all gets rather awkward!!

I think I saw some that folded up like a chair once, does anyone have one of those?

I have an Ezi-Set hexagonal "instant dog house", in the medium size. It folds up and stows into a bag about 60cm x 10cm x10cm, and is light enough to carry in one hand along with other bags. It's surprisingly roomy for my BC ( and even my gsd can fit inside, although I would not leave her in there). It's sturdily made (canvas etc) but I don't feel that it securely fastens into the open position. I would never leave a dog in there unless she/he was crate-trained and I was nearby to supervise.

The issue with stability in the "open" position might be rectified by sewing in additional tabs or ties.

Edited by DogsAndTheMob

JulesP - not sure if you can still get these - I have a model which is earlier then it and doesn't have the external structure but these might be worth looking into -

its called a Pet Ego Umbra - http://www.petego.co...D=29&prodId=122

Waggle seem to stock them in Australia - http://waggle.com.au/egr-b25/umbra-pet-p352

Edited by ness

I ordered the cabana ultra light crate on the clean run website. The frames is on the outside. Sets up like a tent. The quality of the material is good, easy set up and packs into a bag of approximately 15 inches long. Will be including 4 tent pegs to peg it down.

Used it today for the first time Pirate was comfortable in it although wished l had ordered the next size up. Ordered the large he fits but the extra large would have probably been better.

althoughhttp://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3320&ParentCat=158

I have the ones that fold up into a bag. This is them Link

I like them as it is only 1 trip from the car. I can carry 2 of these, a chair, I have a bag/chiller that is a trolley, and have the 2 dogs.

The only downside is they do not have a mat.

That was the one I remembered seeing before but I couldn't find it, so thanks!

I ordered the cabana ultra light crate on the clean run website. The frames is on the outside. Sets up like a tent. The quality of the material is good, easy set up and packs into a bag of approximately 15 inches long. Will be including 4 tent pegs to peg it down.

Used it today for the first time Pirate was comfortable in it although wished l had ordered the next size up. Ordered the large he fits but the extra large would have probably been better.

althoughhttp://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3320&ParentCat=158

Was it fiddly to set up? Looks a bit painful on the YouTube clip.

I like them as it is only 1 trip from the car. I can carry 2 of these, a chair, I have a bag/chiller that is a trolley, and have the 2 dogs.

They look great!

Do they have mesh on both sides of the crate or just one side?

They look great!

There is only mesh on the front and top. The top can also has a zip like the front. I find that this is enough ventilation - even here in Qld on a hot day.

They look great!

There is only mesh on the front and top. The top can also has a zip like the front. I find that this is enough ventilation - even here in Qld on a hot day.

The design looks great but I would want mesh on all 4 sides and the top for a coated breed.