Dog's Hair And Baking

GSDowner

I've taken bread out of the bag that was in the freezer put it straight in the sandwich bag with no dog anywhere and hours later get to work and right there is dog hair on the bread.

Why stop cooking just pick it out and keep going its not like you havent been exposed to said hair (and whatever is on it) already

I cooked some food at my boyfriend's place (no dogs) with all the ingredients bought fresh and opened at his house, absolutely no chance of coming into contact with any dogs. There was still hair in it :laugh:

You get used to it. Even my mum's house, where she practically vacuums the hair off the dogs before it's had a chance to come into contact with the floor, there's always dog hair in something!

I can't stand people hair in food but dog hair does not faze me at all. I would probably have literally starved to death by now if I wouldn't eat anything with dog hair in it.

Last night I baked a cake for my OH, just a little one for us two to share. After I had poured all the mixture into the tin I was licking the beaters and there were 3 dog hairs! 1 is normal, 3 is a bit of an extravagance.

But that is exactly why I don't bake for other people anymore. I always used to bake cakes, slice, biscuits etc for work and friends but I don't anymore. Non doggie people are horrified at the thought of eating dog hair. I also don't invite anyone ever to my house for meals anymore so some people invite themselves over, that's fine by me but they are all given the warning that their food may contain dog hair and no it is not a joke it is unavoidable. They never believe me.

It doesn't matter how spotless the place seems, dog hair definitely has a homing instinct.

I've had a premonition about how I will eventually go out. Death by giant furball :eek: If the hair in my food, drinks and on my clothes is anything to go by, the amount swallowed over a period of many years would have to be bordering on epic. The autopsy would likely reveal I was slowly killed by at least three different species, possibly more.

Has anyone else here ever seen the Ren and Stimpy episode where they started up an enterprise selling hairballs for money? :rofl:

S

I made pasta (the one from the packet were you add milk and water). No dog hair in the microwave container that I used, none on the plate I put the pasta on, but bugga me dead I get half way through it and here under the pasta, not on top was a GSD hair on the plate.

Made me think of this topic :laugh: