A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weekend there is an obedience and rally-o trial at my local dog club, so i'm going to just lend a hand with everything! So excited can't wait. :D

Hey Zereulah :wave: A little birdy *cough*LisaCC*cough* tells me our pups have the same birthday :D

Whats an ultra weird coincidence... your guy is called Tyrion... by little poppet is called Sansa :laugh:

When is your show Lisa? Hope both you and Nova have a great day out.

Cassie how was the Adelaide Royal?

Jack looks live Koda enjoyed his weekend back with his siblings.

Love Tyrions ears, how was the rally today? There is a show next month on the 12th at Morshead Park if you are interested in checking it out :)

We must arrange a marriage for Sansa and Tyrion laugh.gif

That sounds great Zerelouh! I saw you were looking at herding, I'm trying to find a place around here too!

Whippy we are entered in the Coolamon/ganmain show which is in Wagga on the Sunday the 6th. The only others that weekend still open when I got his paperwork, was on the Monday and Friday, but I have compulsory classes both those days (yes on the long weekend holiday crying.gif).

Just thought I would give a quick update for those interested :) Casper is 16 weeks now and over 14kg of fluff. yesterday we went to the free puppy groom at the groomers. He came back bathed and dried, groomed and white... SO CLEAN.

Today we gave him his new bucket with water as he digs in his bowl BIG MISTAKE but lots of fun!!

Before he removed it from the door

ME5M5700.jpg

after

ME5M5723.jpg

ME5M5676.jpg

Edited by fluff1234

This weekend there is an obedience and rally-o trial at my local dog club, so i'm going to just lend a hand with everything! So excited can't wait. :D

Hey Zereulah :wave: A little birdy *cough*LisaCC*cough* tells me our pups have the same birthday :D

Whats an ultra weird coincidence... your guy is called Tyrion... by little poppet is called Sansa :laugh:

Hello! Yes, he's a may 6th puppy! AND Tyrion, a pembroke corgi (dwarf dog) so a Dwarf name was only fitting! :D

Guest hankodie

I woke up this morning to a puppy poop explosion :( it was so bad. Hank woke us up crying around 4, poor thing had an accident in his crate. I managed to rush him downstairs where a total poopocalypse happened. I got him some new pet mince instead of his regular mince so I think that might have been the culprit. Either that or the new food that I've been mixing in with his old kibble.

Anyway I hope everyone's week starts off a bit better than mine :laugh: happy Monday

Guest hankodie

Thanks Lisa, cooked up a batch and fed some to him this morning :) his appetite doesn't seem to be affected, he's still acting like he's starving :laugh: and he's full of beans so I'm not too worried yet. Not a very pleasant wake up though!

Guest hankodie

Ick, what a disaster Lisa! I wonder if raw chicken is a bit harder on puppy bellies than other meat. I've noticed the same thing with Hank too. He does OK with beef and turkey though.

I won't miss this part of puppyhood :laugh: though having said that I've just discovered this morning that Hank has lost 3 of his baby teeth! They grow up so fast :')

I have to say, you guys are really brave, I thought about an ASOIAF name but was like... nahhh, writer hasn't finished yet, for all I know he might turn that character into an evil bastard or they die in a horrible fashion.

I much prefer Sansa in the books than the TV series so far. Even though she isn't overly strong yet. (im only up to the second book lol). Tyrion is my fav character. I adore him, even if he dies horribly (which given the fashion of GoT is likely at some point), i'll still like him lol.

I woke up this morning to a puppy poop explosion :( it was so bad. Hank woke us up crying around 4, poor thing had an accident in his crate. I managed to rush him downstairs where a total poopocalypse happened. I got him some new pet mince instead of his regular mince so I think that might have been the culprit. Either that or the new food that I've been mixing in with his old kibble.

Anyway I hope everyone's week starts off a bit better than mine :laugh: happy Monday

Dogs don't need mince, they should have meat in large chunks, all the better to clean their teeth. The action of mincing gives the meat more surface area for bacteria to grow. I originally heard it was like stodge & they just suck it up with no need to chew & only recently about the bacteria thing.

Poor Hank hope he's feeling better soon. I know Panda had diarrhoea when I 1st got him & even today have to make sure I introduce different meats so slowly.

Edited by luvsdogs

Guest hankodie

Dogs don't need mince, they should have meat in large chunks, all the better to clean their teeth. The action of mincing gives the meat more surface area for bacteria to grow. I originally heard it was like stodge & they just suck it up with no need to chew & only recently about the bacteria thing.

Poor Hank hope he's feeling better soon. I know Panda had diarrhoea when I 1st got him & even today have to make sure I introduce different meats so slowly.

Thanks luvsdogs, that's very interesting about the mince I didn't know that. That might explain the tummy troubles! Thankfully no more runny poop episodes, he's feeling much better :D