A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

Envy is so beautiful! I think Envy is turning my far adoration from GSDs to Malinois!!

Daisy.Tea, it's hard to find them, but if you are going to show Atti, they might be a good idea as they don't flatten or cut the coat like a normal collar! Nova is normally naked at home for this reason, but I'll need to leave him with a housesitter soon for a few days so I want him in a collar and tag the whole time! I'll either be getting this one from K9 Pro or the local saddlery said they will make me one with a matching leash in what ever leather i like biggrin.gif

Edited by LisaCC

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Howl-o-scream puppy people. I hope your puppies and dogs have a great day today, and don't turn into werewolves :laugh:

We had some fun on the weekend with Kira and Jingo. Kira tolerates photo's, but always looks uncomfortable, Jingo is learning that photo's means heaps of treats!

Di

post-21758-0-09420400-1383178726_thumb.jpg

post-21758-0-30579600-1383178762_thumb.jpg

Nova looks so happy with himself, love the tongue, but that nose just looks so cute and shiny, it doesn't look real.

Yeah, Jingo is adorable, and so far such a good boy..... so far :laugh:

Thanks Aliwake- we are hoping he continues to enjoy photo's, as we love to take them- even though it is always frustrating, especially for puppies who have no idea what wait means.

Di

I love how black his nose is getting!

I loved the good puppy stage lol, it was nice! Keep enjoying it.

Oh I almost forgot, Nova weighed exactly 20kgs today!! Still growing, and thats with him being on a very very strict diet the last week due to his poops. First day of normal looking poops in the last week! So excited laugh.gif

Jack he is stunning!

Envy weighed in at 23.4 KGs last night!! She isn't even 6 months old yet!

She's looking so grown up! I put Wiz in soft hide too it looks so pretty on them :)

Wiz would be around 28kg now at 22 months. I didn't find she grew substantially past 8 months, but I am still expecting her to bulk up a bit more even now. ETA: I have a picture of her at 7/8 weeks with Daisy and she was so tiny! So funny to look back on how little they were.

Edited by huski

Jack he is stunning!

Envy weighed in at 23.4 KGs last night!! She isn't even 6 months old yet!

She's looking so grown up! I put Wiz in soft hide too it looks so pretty on them :)

Wiz would be around 28kg now at 22 months. I didn't find she grew substantially past 8 months, but I am still expecting her to bulk up a bit more even now. ETA: I have a picture of her at 7/8 weeks with Daisy and she was so tiny! So funny to look back on how little they were.

That's the weight I'm expecting envy to get to so she better slow down now lol

Its such a difference looking back isn't it. They were so round and floppy. Would love to see the wiz puppy photo

Jack, Koda is growing up so beautifully, and Envy is gorgeous. I can't really imagine a puppy that big at the moment. Jingo weighed 3.4kg last night- he is such a tiny little boy, and I swear the only part of him growing is his tail.... but he is gaining weight steadiy, even if he is a "grazer". I have never had a picky pup before, good thing so far nothing in the food line actually disagrees with him.

Di

Di

Thanks Aliwake biggrin.gif We ended up with about 5 groups of trick or treaters so he got to show it off!

Naww so tiny! Novawas that big when I picked him up lol. Lasted an entire day laugh.gif

Whats Jingos tail like? You can get varying sizes in JRTs right?

Also Nova was not very foody when I bought him home. I just left the food out for 15 minutes max and then took it away, he soon got the idea to eat it.

Edited by LisaCC

Lisa, I remember how quickly Kira grew- every time we looked at her she was bigger- must have surprised Tippy with her growth spurts, but oh, was she an ugly teenager :eek:

Jingo's tail is naturally long, but never stays still and I love it. Tip's was the length of a fist- just long enough to be able to grab to drag him out of rabbit holes! Tip's twirled like a helicopter blade, I always expected him to take off!

Di

post-21758-0-37498000-1383261006_thumb.jpg

That's great to know Aliwake, makes me feel better, I have noticed his appetite is improving somewhat. I think it is just that there is too much else to do :laugh: (I wish I got distracted and forgot to eat!)

Di

Gus weighs a happy 28.4kg at almost 7 months.

1375742_10151934773949645_895907785_n.jpg

He seems to be growing well to me but we’re attending the FC championship show on Sunday and he’s invited too so he can meet his father and breeder and umpteen million other flat coats and get a good look over (not to show, obviously!)

The wart is almost gone, will update his wart thread with a photo when I get one.

His retrieving is kicking ass, he’s really really keen and has gained loads and loads of confidence in the water over the last few weeks or so. He’s a great swimmer and really loves his fetching. I’ve got a video but it has my giant behind in it (thanks Brooke!) so might get another one this weekend….

We’re looking forward to the retriever training day in Nov!

He’s also become really easy to walk at the park. He rarely leaves us and always keeps an eye on us and has what I would consider to be an exceptional recall, I thought we would never ever get there but he’s just a gem now. We’ve finally got more value than other dogs! It could be the pockets full of ham and cheese though…

We start obedience again mid this month, with both dogs. Should be nice to get back, we had a break to settle Rosie in and let him teethe and do the cranky not listening thing and seems we’re coming out the other end just in time and he’s got a much MUCH better attention span these days too!

Rosie is lovely too. She’s got a less than impressive recall but it’s miles and miles better than what it was! She’s stopped countersurfing but started digging. Obedience can’t come soon enough!

A shell pool full of brickies sand and chicken necks seems to have made the difference there but if I forget to uncover it we find she’s trying to uproot the big trees in the yard by digging around the trunks? Odd little dog.

She’s gained almost 2kg while with us but Dog knows where that is because she’s pure muscle and there’s not a scrap of fat on her so perhaps she’s just hiding it well.

Things are blissful at our house!

We’ve all been getting off our bums for an hourly walk down the park at night again and that seems to be plenty. Rosie runs and Gus lollops and swims. Everyone wins!

That's the weight I'm expecting envy to get to so she better slow down now lol

Its such a difference looking back isn't it. They were so round and floppy. Would love to see the wiz puppy photo

I would imagine she will start slowing down, well I hope so or you'll have giant Malinois :laugh:

Now I'm going to hijack the thread with puppy pics. Hopefully I will have some new ones to contribute to this thread before the year is out ;)

Baby Wiz and Daisy (Daisy is extremely unimpressed LOL!)

08e88565-70f7-4d40-a496-a99b9c22c1ea_zpsb4ef88f6.jpg

Here is a before and after shot of me and Wiz!

4dd481a4-25cb-4e06-9abf-c1ae3a810ad5_zpsf60d1afc.jpg