A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

Gus weighs a happy 28.4kg at almost 7 months.

1375742_10151934773949645_895907785_n.jpg

He seems to be growing well to me but we’re attending the FC championship show on Sunday and he’s invited too so he can meet his father and breeder and umpteen million other flat coats and get a good look over (not to show, obviously!)

The wart is almost gone, will update his wart thread with a photo when I get one.

His retrieving is kicking ass, he’s really really keen and has gained loads and loads of confidence in the water over the last few weeks or so. He’s a great swimmer and really loves his fetching. I’ve got a video but it has my giant behind in it (thanks Brooke!) so might get another one this weekend….

We’re looking forward to the retriever training day in Nov!

He’s also become really easy to walk at the park. He rarely leaves us and always keeps an eye on us and has what I would consider to be an exceptional recall, I thought we would never ever get there but he’s just a gem now. We’ve finally got more value than other dogs! It could be the pockets full of ham and cheese though…

We start obedience again mid this month, with both dogs. Should be nice to get back, we had a break to settle Rosie in and let him teethe and do the cranky not listening thing and seems we’re coming out the other end just in time and he’s got a much MUCH better attention span these days too!

Rosie is lovely too. She’s got a less than impressive recall but it’s miles and miles better than what it was! She’s stopped countersurfing but started digging. Obedience can’t come soon enough!

A shell pool full of brickies sand and chicken necks seems to have made the difference there but if I forget to uncover it we find she’s trying to uproot the big trees in the yard by digging around the trunks? Odd little dog.

She’s gained almost 2kg while with us but Dog knows where that is because she’s pure muscle and there’s not a scrap of fat on her so perhaps she’s just hiding it well.

Things are blissful at our house!

We’ve all been getting off our bums for an hourly walk down the park at night again and that seems to be plenty. Rosie runs and Gus lollops and swims. Everyone wins!

He looks great Steph, love his coat. :)

Is that a transmitter I see in your guys hand, if he is into the RC hobby pm me, we run a club near us with some pretty big and impressive flying machines.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, thought I'd post an update on my little Sumo man :) I mentioned he'd injured his leg a while back and was limping, well thanks to lots of rest and some supplements he's back as good as ever. We've been out of the show ring for a while, but he has his next couple of shows in two weeks time so looking forward to that. He is 7 months old now and over 60kg.

image-45.jpg

image-46.jpg

Edited by cassie

He looks great Steph, love his coat. :)

Is that a transmitter I see in your guys hand, if he is into the RC hobby pm me, we run a club near us with some pretty big and impressive flying machines.

Haha yeah it is! It was last year’s Christmas present, just a fairly cheap one with a camera attached. It has little to no battery life, thank heavens, because I didn’t realise how hellish it would make my life.

You don’t know fear until a buzzing helicopter flies in to film you in the shower. Hahaha!

I will pass that on though! I’m sure he’d be interested in having a look if nothing else!

Gus is a shiny boy, moreso now he's started growing big kid fur and having more raw.

Hus fluffy butt is beyond a joke though...

Edited by Steph M

Gus is definitely looking great Steph!

Sounds like I need to weigh Nixon so I can chime in. last time he was 27kgs? But that was a few weeks ago now. He's certainly very strong. He's 8.5months now, so I figure he should be getting close to his adult height, but I still feel like he's got some more growing in him, so I guess we'll wait and see.

Cassie, your pics always make me want Sumo snuggles - he just looks so damn adorable!!

That's great that he's recovered nicely too!

Edited by aliwake

That's the weight I'm expecting envy to get to so she better slow down now lol

Its such a difference looking back isn't it. They were so round and floppy. Would love to see the wiz puppy photo

I would imagine she will start slowing down, well I hope so or you'll have giant Malinois :laugh:

Now I'm going to hijack the thread with puppy pics. Hopefully I will have some new ones to contribute to this thread before the year is out ;)

Baby Wiz and Daisy (Daisy is extremely unimpressed LOL!)

08e88565-70f7-4d40-a496-a99b9c22c1ea_zpsb4ef88f6.jpg

Here is a before and after shot of me and Wiz!

4dd481a4-25cb-4e06-9abf-c1ae3a810ad5_zpsf60d1afc.jpg

You realise the after shot is meant to be in the same position ie you holding her in your arms? ;)

You realise the after shot is meant to be in the same position ie you holding her in your arms? ;)

Ha ha! I'm not quite sure I can manage that one! LOL! Wiz would enjoy it though, she thinks she is a lap dog :laugh:

Still reading along where I can! My little pup is a whole 9kgs now :thumbsup: We are a month away from starting 'real' (bird) training but at the moment we are having fun playing and learning tricks. :)

548982_10151785900989037_113101783_n.jpg

I stalk this thread a lot as being in Greyhound Rescue it's rare to see a greyhound pup :( I rarely post in here (all your babies are beautiful) but just have to say that photo is gorgeous RallyValley :love:

Brilliant photo RV !!! heart.gif

This will be probably my last update in here as Miah will be 1 on the 27th November, so she won't really be puppy anymore. Where has that time gone too?? It doesnt seem that long ago she came to us (she was 10 weeks)

Shes been a pure delight to own and love.. so attentive, eager, loving, just perfect in my eyes :)

She just finished her last lesson today with her basic training course, and she passed with flying colours. I've never had such a super responsive easy to train dog in my life ! The only things we do have to work on is slowing her hyperness down a tad, but i guess that will hopefully come with maturity ;-))

We are going to do the next course mid Nov which will include some agility also, so looking fwd to doing that.

I cant speak highly enough of the training methods used at this school, The Trainer has suggested her doing Rally O down the track, so we will see what pans out as im not really in such a healthy and fit state to do much training/trials like i used to be able to do.*sigh* I sure could have done with her years ago when i was competing lol

post-11918-0-54203700-1383366279_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Thanks Lisa, his coat is definitely lovely at the moment :)

I was just stoked he was actually looking at me when I took a pic for once!

He loves the wubba - when he manages to make it squeak he starts whimpering with joy (I assume) - it's so pathetic!!

One of his friends at the dog park has been bringing a kong bounzer ball lately, and it's really cool! He loves it, so I think he might get one for christmas... if I don't cave before then.

I also stopped past petstock yesterday and weighed him - 28.2kgs. Hopefully he won't get too much bigger!

I have to say everyone's pups are lovely.

My Cedro has been here nearly a week, he came with his mum last Thursday and they seem to have settled in well and I love them both to bits.

Cedro is just gorgeous and runs and stacks like a professional thanks to Trish's hard work.

I will be showing him next month at Uralla if anyone is going I would be happy for you to meet him.

He loves people.

He really stays by my side most of the time and we have bonded well even with his mum here.

But my home looks like a bomb hit it!

You wouldn't think such a little pup could spread things around so much.

Good luck at Uralla Gillybob. Exactly when is the dog show on there? We may be able to take a little trip down there to watch Cedro in action, and meet him.

I know how you feel about such a little scrap of a puppy yurning your house upside down- but what fun that is!

Di