Border Terrier Attacked By Three Staffies In The Uk

Her Majesty Dogmad

Another disturbing story of an owner with out of control dogs and it says at the end of the story that prosecutions are rare, what's to stop these dogs from doing the same again?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275010/Terrier-ear-ripped-Staffies-attack-described-vet-worst-seen.html

A border terrier is recovering after having her ear ripped off by three Staffordshire terriers.

The attack on four-year-old Sally left her lucky to be alive, according to her vet.

Her left ear was torn off, veins in her neck were exposed and she suffered multiple wounds after being set upon in a park in Leeds on January 15.

Sally the border terrier is being patched up after an attack by three Staffordshire terriers left her without her left ear

Owner Christine Graham was away on holiday when the attack took place in Roundhay Park, Leeds. Sally, four, was being walked by a friend

Mrs Graham has spent £3000 on Sally's veterinary treatment so far and the bill could rise to £5000

Owner Christine Graham, 70, has spent £3000 on veterinary bills so far, which could rise to £5000.

Vet Simon Bate said: 'We have seen a number of these types of cases but this is probably the worst I've dealt with.'

Sally was being walked by Sheila Hodgson, a friend of Mrs Graham, in Roundhay Park when Mrs Hodgson began to chat to the woman walking the Staffies.

The trio then pounced on the smaller dog - and another dog walker had to intervene to stop the ordeal.

Mrs Hodgson said: 'Two of them had Sally by the ears and one was at her behind.

'We both tried to get them off her but couldn't. It was horrendous.'

Mrs Graham was on holiday at the time of the attack.

She said: 'I couldn't believe it when I found out what happened.

Mrs Graham said that Sally was 'more dead than alive' when she returned from holiday to be reunited with the injured border terrier

The stitches on Sally's neck, where veins were left exposed, can be seen alongside the bandage protecting her head

'She's a really friendly dog and wouldn't hurt a fly. It's a wonder they didn't kill her instantly.

'She was more dead than alive a week later.'

Mrs Graham called for the Dangerous Dogs Act, where an owner can be prosecuted for allowing their animal to be out of control in public, to be tightened as prosecutions are rare.

Edited by dogmad

Sounds like two women more intent on gossiping rather than watching their dogs' body language.

I agree and you really need to be aware of the sort of dogs you own and what they are capable of. Far too many people are ignorant (or don't care) about their dogs' capabilities and place others in danger because of it.

Sounds like two women more intent on gossiping rather than watching their dogs' body language.

I agree and you really need to be aware of the sort of dogs you own and what they are capable of. Far too many people are ignorant (or don't care) about their dogs' capabilities and place others in danger because of it.

Yes and how dogs interact with their own pack is very different to how they may respond to unknown dogs.

Dealing with three dogs upon one is a nightmare I have recently experienced. It was an unprovoked attack and is simply not on.