Surfing Dogs - Noosa Festival Of Surfing

huga

Yesterday I went to check out the surfing dogs, which was the opener for the Noosa Festival of Surfing. It was really cool to see. I was interested to find out if the dogs actually enjoyed it, or it was just a promotional stunt. They really did seem to enjoy themselves though and were super keen to get into the water. It was lovely to see such a huge crowd cheering them on and everyone enjoying being out with their dogs.

Sorry, I have heaps of photos :o

LFIDelM.jpg

uqtyrwh.jpg

yG1blP4.jpg

RGTTPpF.jpg

JxGXJa7.jpg

JqfnYVR.jpg

vpEwgRs.jpg

G1RdYpD.jpg

What a fantastic idea! I wish my current dogs loved the water. When I was younger I had an OES who was constantly wet and sandy and we also had a beach loving cat (called Alby after Alby Mangels). We lived across from the Broadwater on the Gold Coast and my partner would go over to do some fishing or throw the net and Alby would follow and be right there in amongst whatever we were doing. If we didn't catch any fish he would walk home before us in disgust. He also loved car rides. He was an odd cat.

PS Thanks for sharing the great photos Huga!

Edited by Little Gifts

wow great photos, they do look like they love it , suppose it is no dif to any dog doing somehting with it's owner , they love being with you doing stuff with you and making you happy

thanks for sharing the pics :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:Stunning photos Huga :thumbsup:

There where soooo many people there ! Love how you show the beach slightly empty at end of day

I have so many favorite photos from what you have shared :D

I think in the U.S at Huntington Beach they hold something similar so great to see a similar

event being held here in Oz :D

Looks like fun was had by all !

Great photos. Wonderful to see such a big crowd watching. It's mesmerizing watching the video of Lani, the surfing dog. She's brilliant.

Thanks.

Yeah, the video is great because it shows how keen she is to jump on the board. I wasn't close enough to get that on the day.

TqaC7m7.jpg

SRUtQtN.jpg

I think I'm in love! :love: :love: :love:

Um, yeah. The view wasn't unpleasant :D Not sure who he is, but in almost every shot I have, he is laughing - it's gorgeous to see.

Guest donatella

I think I'm in love! :love: :love: :love:

Don, you have a good eye for talent. :) And he loves his dog, too. What else could you want. :) :)

Ha ha its a win win :D