Resources For A Raw Feeding Newbie

Just wondering if someone could point me in the direction of some good resources to learn about raw feeding? I'm interested in learning about it, particularly for our Toller. Unfortunately no matter what we tried Doof still can't stomach bones so he has to stay on kibble but have been giving Bear turkey wings (cut into 3, they're huge!) a few times a week and she's doing well with them! She has a weight problem too, she's a piglet, so I would be interested in feeding raw for weight loss too.

Also is it ok to feed the wings frozen? Seems to take her longer that way!!

Thanks!

Have you looked into the Vets All Natural range of foods? Its how I peeled a heap of weight off the pug and she stays full (well, for a pug anyway :laugh:) so even those that cannot stomach bones can still get the raw diet benefit.

If you dont want to use the complete mix you can use the Health Booster Powder to balance it out and add what you like for your dog. I can't fault the product, I use beef mince as chicken I find too lean and dry for my dogs

• 2 weeks later...

I also agree check out the Vets all Natural site. There are great articles on there. I have one girl who has been loose for a couple of months tried everything to fix her and put her on Vets all natural complete mix. Within a couple of days she had improved out of sight. She has never looked better and been on it only for a couple of weeks.

Thanks guys! I really want to get an understanding of the science behind it-I've worked in the commercial pet food industry for a long time but never really learnt about raw. That link is great perse, I'll have to work my way thru it!!!