Recommend A Boarding Kennel In Melbourne?

*kirty*

Our office manager needs to board her two Golden Retrievers in May. They have never been to kennels before and she is stressing about it. :) She is in Nunawading but will travel. Ideally the dogs can be kenneled together. Thanks!

I've only ever used one place for my dog in Melbourne, so can't offer you a comparison and don't know if they are good compared to others, but my dog goes to Welcome kennels in Yarrambat - 2 dogs can board together and have their own outside run. Staff are very friendly :) Have never experienced any issues and my anxious dog seems fine on collection.

I use Cottage Kennels in Plenty for my 2. Dogs from the same family are housed and exercised together but fed separately during cleaning. No contact with dogs from other families - which I like. Very secure kennel complex. Dogs are fed what I provide if required and medical treatment is no problem. Dogs always come back freshly washed and groomed and at similar weights although obviously not as fit. Both of mine are slow to warm up to strangers but they do pretty well here. Zig licked his paws a bit last time but they were there for nearly a month so a very long stretch and he understandably missed us.

If anyone thinks there are any particular kennels to avoid, could you PM me with that info ? I'm new to Melbourne and will likely have to travel a couple times a year on business, so I'm starting to plan for places for my dog to stay. Thanks !