Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Grooming Requirement

Reese&Mia

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't agree more, now I have to move on, parents have never been tested

Maybe , before having the heart shot thru with cute , ask the 'hairy' questions first ??? THEN look at pics?

There was already a pic on their dol listing, hard not to look

Maybe , before having the heart shot thru with cute , ask the 'hairy' questions first ??? THEN look at pics?

Aaahhh - :)

Aaahhh - :)

Totally :-), Im on a waiting list with another as they don't breed often, but Im asking all the questions, will see what they say :-)

All the best slznck.. Cavs are well worth waiting for.

I only use a rounded toothed metal comb as brushes can go over rather than through the coat.. I learnt on my English Springers & Chow Chows. :)

Regular combing also cuts down on the amount of fur left on the floor. No coat trimming allowed when showing but I now keep his feet trimmed.

Sadly he's getting older and slowing down a bit now at 10 and a half.

They are bright little dogs, easy to obedience train and show train, they can actually stay on the floor rather than on the bed or furniture if you can ignore the big brown eyes.

Crate training is very useful and becomes their safe place.

We are now all retired & travel around NZ in a Motorhome, Ashka travels in his wire crate in the front between us and has a safe 360º view.

My old boy.. NZ Ch. Redcrest Royal Command.. doesn't seem that long ago when we look home a little 8 week old pup..

post-4270-0-32583500-1365755892_thumb.jpg

All the best slznck.. Cavs are well worth waiting for.

I only use a rounded toothed metal comb as brushes can go over rather than through the coat.. I learnt on my English Springers & Chow Chows. :)

Regular combing also cuts down on the amount of fur left on the floor. No coat trimming allowed when showing but I now keep his feet trimmed.

Sadly he's getting older and slowing down a bit now at 10 and a half.

They are bright little dogs, easy to obedience train and show train, they can actually stay on the floor rather than on the bed or furniture if you can ignore the big brown eyes.

Crate training is very useful and becomes their safe place.

We are now all retired & travel around NZ in a Motorhome, Ashka travels in his wire crate in the front between us and has a safe 360º view.

My old boy.. NZ Ch. Redcrest Royal Command.. doesn't seem that long ago when we look home a little 8 week old pup..

post-4270-0-32583500-1365755892_thumb.jpg

Lol.. I figured as much but I've never heard of it as a stripping tool :laugh: :laugh:

I'm lucky Lucy doesn't have such a long coat so I only have to use my hands when she's in the bath opposed to the above methods :) this may change one day, of course..

:laugh: what have you heard them used for?

They are better then the rubber finger stalls (the thick ones covered in little bumps)

health tests and GOOD results of parents , a good pedigree , parents of great temperament , breeder support for the life of the pup are BETTER :p :D

Couldn't agree more, now I have to move on, parents have never been tested. :( and for about 1200 a pup, I would expect them to have been tested. Disapointed.

Sadly this is the part where the breed is popular with BYB .

Not all will have MRI testing due to the expense & lack of testing in all states BUT heart testing & other basics should be done

Health testing is important but unfortunately with conditions like syringomyelia and Mitral Valve Disease there is no way of guaranteeing that clear parants means clear youngster or that clear parents will remain clear.

But we do what we can in hope of increasing better odds for a healthy pup. :)

Edited by LizT

Ok, I wont be coming back here for a while...Im waiting on some news (around first of May) that will tell me if I have a pup coming to live with us in July or not. Once I know for sure I'll back, both parents have been health tested from this breeder.

Ok, I wont be coming back here for a while...Im waiting on some news (around first of May) that will tell me if I have a pup coming to live with us in July or not. Once I know for sure I'll back, both parents have been health tested from this breeder.

Exciting !!!

Hope it all works out , and that we get to see puppy photos in a few months!!