Bye Bye Fred

Kingbob

Unfortunately my beagleX boy Fred lost his battle with cancer yesterday.

About a week ago i noticed he was drooling more than usual, and had picked up a bit of a cough. Fast forward a few days, multiple vet visits and a few thousand $, turns out he had an advanced malignant thyroid cancer, which had spread to his lungs. In the space of about a week he went from completely normal, to not eating, not wanting walks, and unable to even jump up on my bed.

He was a rescue from SAFE in WA almost 5 years ago. Had 4 failed adoptions before me. Over the last few years he had 4 MAST tumors in various places, but i caught them all early and he got clear margins on all of them. The thyroid cancer was unrelated, but even the vet was dismayed at how unlucky he'd been to have 2 unrelated types of cancer.

He was the type of dog who just assumed everyone wanted to be his friend. He did have a bit of seperation anxiety, if i moved from one end of the couch to the other, he'd move to lay closer to me :)

All he ever wanted was to be close, so we spent his last couple of days on my bed, just reading and hanging out, giving him cuddles and scratches, and all of his favourite treats.

I have multiple neighbors with dogs, and on weekends we'd all walk together, so he got a final walk with his doggy friends. He and his pack.

Like a lot of people here, he wasnt just my dog, he was my best friend, and furry child.

He will forever leave a 4 legged hole in my heart.

fredrun.jpg

sleeeepy.jpg

sleep.jpg

11.jpg

7.jpg

95b.jpg

fredprofile.jpg

So much like my very first dog, a Beagle x Kelpie, who lived to 17. They do indeed leave a huge gap in your life and I'm so sorry that your beautiful boy has left. Sleep well, Fred, the Rainbow Bridge needs good Beagles.