Need Someone To Walk 2 Dogs

I am trying to help a guy who is going through a really messy separation and he has inherited the families 2 dogs and been told that he cannot go near the house where they are.

One is a 6 year old Lab/staffy girl desexed and chipped and needs an update on vaccs.

Other is a Bull Arab boy oops didn't get his age, but think around 3 years old, he is desexed as well, he is an x RSPCA boy and the owner is ringing them tomorrow to see if they will take him back.

Because he can't go to the house he has his mum feeding them but she is due to go back home I think interstate so he is stuck as to what he can do to make sure they are fed, so hence my post, so if there is anyone in the Mawson area who can go and feed them and maybe get them out and take them for a walk, that would really help put his mind at ease.

They are looking for an option after that, I will ring Catherine at Lab rescue to see if she can take the girl who does look more lab that staffy.

Anyone able to help them??

Maree

CPR

Edited by keetamouse

I think you need to change the title, Keetamouse. :) I thought you must have been seeking dog walkers for a rescue group or pound and because I used to do that a long time ago, I decided to take a look.

Keetamouse has edited title :thumbsup:

Edited by Danny's Darling

Maree - as a 'professional' dog walker I wouldn't want to get in the middle of some strange custody dispute for the dogs.

That is not the case the wife is not there the house is empty, the lawyers said others can go and walk and feed the dogs but the husband can't, there is not a problem.

Maree

That would indicate the presence of court orders... Anyone getting involved at all would be within their rights to ask about it, and certainly should read so they are no implicating themselves in anything.

There is a court order that "the husband" can't go near the house, the solicitor told him ANYONE else can go to the home and feed the dogs and walk them, but NOT HIM. His mother is doing it now and it isn't a problem but she is going home early next week.

If I could walk 2 bigs dogs then I would do it but I can't, I would not have asked if I thought there would be a problem.

Of course people can ask and I have told them so it is up to them, if they don't want to get involved then that's fine but there is nothing wrong in me asking either if there is some one who can help this guy out.

Maree

CPR

To resolve the issue, perhaps the man can get a letter from the solicitor stating someone can go to the house to walk the dogs. I think it peculiar that the man cannot go to an empty house to take care of his dogs but something from the lawyers should resolve the concern.

Would it be a possibility for him to get the dogs into kennels for a bit? At least they wouldn't be at the house that he can't get access to. Does he need to rehome them or does he need them fed and walked?

There is a court order that "the husband" can't go near the house, the solicitor told him ANYONE else can go to the home and feed the dogs and walk them, but NOT HIM. His mother is doing it now and it isn't a problem but she is going home early next week.

If I could walk 2 bigs dogs then I would do it but I can't, I would not have asked if I thought there would be a problem.

Maree, there was a case like that, I knew of, some time back near Brisbane. They were 2 small dogs that required feeding/water checked but didn't need walking, just a good encouraged play around the big yard.

The neighbours were advised so they wouldn't think someone was burgling the empty house. Took a couple of weeks for the dogs' future to be sorted & agreed to. They were rehomed ... via breed contacts.

How extraordinary that a ruling has been given that he can't go near the empty house. What is he going to do? Torch it. I would be calling on the RSPCA (Canberra one is generally considered to be very good) to dispute the ruling on behalf of the dogs.

And, yet again, Keetamouse steps up to the plate in the face of the naysayers and downbeats. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Soory guys I don't actually know if the house is empty I know the wife isn't there, maybe that is why he can't go near the house becuase there is still stuff there, he did say that the solicitors were aware that the dogs needed to be cared for hence why they can be walked and fed.

I can't see a problem, what are people worried about that they will be taken to court for tresspassing, or fined for entering the property, just not sure why?

So if there is anyone here who would like to help and walk his dogs maybe they can PM me and I can give them his number and they can call him themself, if no one can help I will ask for the thread to be moved.

Maree

CPR

Soory guys I don't actually know if the house is empty I know the wife isn't there, maybe that is why he can't go near the house becuase there is still stuff there, he did say that the solicitors were aware that the dogs needed to be cared for hence why they can be walked and fed.

I can't see a problem, what are people worried about that they will be taken to court for tresspassing, or fined for entering the property, just not sure why?

Can't be all that unusual ... given I knew of a similar situation with a similar reason. And it was done without problem.

I vaguely remember it was even checked out with the local police ... & their comments were sensible & supportive about the priority for getting essentials to the dogs.

My only other suggestion would be to find one of those pet carers who run a business where they go in & feed and exercise dogs for people who are on holidays.

Can't be all that unusual ... given I knew of a similar situation with a similar reason. And it was done without problem.

I vaguely remember it was even checked out with the local police ... & their comments were sensible & supportive about the priority for getting essentials to the dogs.

My only other suggestion would be to find one of those pet carers who run a business where they go in & feed and exercise dogs for people who are on holidays.

Thanks Mita I think that is the way to go, I just thought it would not be an issue and if there was someone on DOL that could help out that would be fine.

Maree