Shampoo Question!

Guest donatella

Are we taking long or short haired here? :p

I like Plush Puppy for my fluffy girls but if they were short haired I'd be happy with Aloveen.

Don't think the size of the dog is the issue - more the coat length & texture plus what you actually want the shampoo to do - help dry skin, help oily skin, make a short coat more shiny, make a short (wiry) coat harsher, make the coat less static, make the coat more static, fluff up, lay flat etc etc etc. A lot of this stuff is more conditioner, but the right shampoo helps. Deep cleaning a white fluffy dog is deep cleaning a white fluffy dog whether it's a Bichon or a Standard Poodle :)

Guest Maeby Fünke

Epi-Soothe because you can buy it in bulk, on special, from Vet N Pet Direct... I've had my 3.5 litre container for five years.

I don't use shampoo, my pugs get an apple cider vinegar rinse if they have been rolling in something stinky, or if someone has peed on them (which seems to be a common scenario lately, Max has a fascination with sticking her face in under other dogs when they pee :laugh: ).

I don't use shampoo, my pugs get an apple cider vinegar rinse if they have been rolling in something stinky, or if someone has peed on them (which seems to be a common scenario lately, Max has a fascination with sticking her face in under other dogs when they pee :laugh: ).

Tell me more. Do you use it straight? I assume you warm it up and pour it over?

Tell me more. Do you use it straight? I assume you warm it up and pour it over?

It depends on how I'm washing them. If they are in the bath then I just pour some in the bath and swish it around before I put them in and wash them with the bath water, and then just before they get out they get a half capful rubbed over them and then just towel dried off.

If they are in the shower then it's a little less delicate and I try and pour capfuls on and give them scratches/rubs like with normal shampoo, then rinse it off.

OH complains they smell like a salad for a while after, but I prefer to not get their hair or skin used to shampoo and then have it be required forever.

My ACV lives in the cupboard so it's not cold to start with, it's room temperature anyway.

Edited by minimax