Puppy Checklist

smashtank

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pup isn't even born yet and I have plans for what he (hopefully) can have when he is older laugh.gif

A Ruthless collar and leash will be needed to put that tag on! Already have some colour combinations figured out lol.

I just bought a pair of cheap nylon collars in various sizes and am hoping blindly. Only about $5 each, so if they don't fit it's no biggie. We're about 5-5.5 weeks off yet. I have a treasure box of puppy stuff and more arrives daily.

Poor other half signs for a looooooot of mail these days. Haha.

This is a collar and leash set I bought for Miah recently. As you can see it doesn't quite fit her properly yet lol She will grow into it. The photo of it doesn't do it any real justice, as you cant see the little bones on it.

The company gave me the cute little love heart collar charm too, altho she has her own cute ID tag I will be using with it..

Check out on that same blog post, the handbag poo holder bag I bought recently for her too for special occasions laugh.gif

http://julesluvscavs.blogspot.com.au/

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Do I need any medication (like worming tables or heart tablets) or will that come with my puppy pack or his first vet check up?

I'm sure my breeder will cover off these questions too but just want as many opinions as possible.

He should be getting his first vaccination next week (he's seven weeks this weekend) and then we pick him up at nine weeks.

Always good to stock up on heartworm and flea stuff in advance, best prices are usually online and not from the vet. Places like budgetpetproducts.com.au or ovedshorseandpetstore.com.au tend to be the cheapest, but see what brands your breeder recommends/uses.

I have and can highly recommend the spotty potty for a much cheaper version of the pet loo. I originally was just using the pads for her but she would play with them and rip them up, and then someone at puppy preschool told me about the spotty potty. I bought mine through the pet warehouse for $70 plus pads, it's a really generous size and quite flat, I would link it but am on my phone. I bought an extra grass mat and swap them when I clean it.

Oh my goodness, I spent so much money on Omar before I got him - and loved every minute of it.

A word of warning with the ceramic bowls. They are expensive so don't be an idiot like me and put it up on a step or deck. Frenchies are little bulls and can move those around - Omar smashed quite a few before I gave in to a metal one. Not as pretty, but hardy (Omar chewed the plastic ones too).

The strangest (and one of the most expensive) things I bought which makes people's jaws drop is a doggy booster seat for the car. Crazy, but he uses it every time so worth it for me. And he likes to see out the window.

Next time I would get 3 or 4 barriers to save me lugging around my playpen, those things are heavy.

Enjoy!!!

Guest Maeby Fünke

I love the collars and ID tags... Very cool!

Edited by Maeby Fünke

I didn't end up getting the zebra collar / lead. I got a black leather studded collar (he is a bulldog after all!) and a cool leather lead off Etsy.

Also thought this tag was cool....

FZ6017_ID_TAG.jpg

Tank better not smash his $50 worth of bowls! :mad

Hahaha that tag is groovy as! I'm finding we haven't spent THAT much yet, or perhaps I just think that as it's been so spread out.

We could use a few more soft toys and chewy toys, I'd like a Kong too. Lots of things we're yet to buy though, like food, collars, leads and harnesses so it could get more expensive yet. Haha.

Hahaha that tag is groovy as! I'm finding we haven't spent THAT much yet, or perhaps I just think that as it's been so spread out.

We could use a few more soft toys and chewy toys, I'd like a Kong too. Lots of things we're yet to buy though, like food, collars, leads and harnesses so it could get more expensive yet. Haha.

Soft toys and blankets from Vinnies! Then just wash them on a long, hot intense wash. I spent $40 and got six soft toys and two blankets. Bargain!

Amazon is your friend for Kongs - in some cases 75% cheaper than shops (even online) in Aus.

Think my most expensive thing has been the car seat cover as a single item ($204) and other than that just all the various bits and pieces start adding up!