Tactile Therapy

Kirislin

K, have a google for Tellington T Touch.

I've heard ot Tellington touch, I have a friend who did it on horses. He went to a school over 20 years ago now with Linda Tellington Jones, I think that's her name.

That's right, Kirislin. I was thinking of the photo you posted last night as I lay in bed scratching and stroking my cat, Gussy. My thoughts then wandered to Tellington Touch in general and a recalled reading that Linda started out on horses.

And then I thought about your Pagan and wondered whether TTouch might help with that dreadful abscess. If your friend is not in your area any more, just google to find a horse practitioner.

We put on a TTouch workshop for our foster carers. It was fantastic!

It was run by Raelene Koerber who is also a well known dog trainer. We learnt all sorts of stuff about TTouch and also how to use body wraps for anxious dogs and to teach them things like rear end awareness.

Well worth it and something different for our carers.

Burkes, I was fostering a little dog a while ago who had a terrible cough, which I was told was Kennel Cough. She'd come from another carer who couldn't cope, so had been left with this cough for a few weeks. I practised ear slides on her and was able to stop the cough in its tracks LOL.

Digressing somewhat, at my insistence because the cough was so bad, the rescuer took the little dog to the vet, and they discovered a tumour :mad . I was so angry. However, again at my insistence, she wasn't euthanised immediately which the rescuer and vet wanted to do, but found a home where she was happy, loved and cared for for another year.