Generic Toilet Training Question

BCNut

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before but couldn't find anything.

What can be used to clean up and ensure all pee smells are gotten rid of? Currently using pine-o-clean for floors and for a mat (cotton) napi san soaked this one for 30 mins in hot water then into a hot wash with normal laundry detergent.

Just worried about lingering smells during toilet training.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Edited by BCNut

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? For both floors and putting in the washing machine?

Who would've thought it'd be that simple... Can I ask how? As in, just wash as usual then spray some over with a spray bottle? And for floors just use white vinegar instead of pineoclean?

Sorry I should add i'm a useless unhousebroken bloke myself.

:thumbsup:

Edited by BCNut

I just blot with paper towel .. then have a dedicated pee mop .. and use vinegar ......

For mats/clothing .. I soak in Drive or bio zet laundry powder for a few hours .. then wash , and rinse with vinegar :)

Good luck.

I blot with paper towel then use warm soapy water to clean up the initial mess. The use the vinegar. I just wash everything in the machine & have the vinegar in the final rinse bit. We are waiting until our pup is toilet trained & then we are pulling our carpets up & replacing with floating floors, so we're not too concerned about the carpet.

I like the sound of vinegar being as it's cheap and all :) More money left for squeakies! I have timber floors too so they shouldn't hold too much pong I don't think. However we've managed to have a couple of accidents on mats :( so that's why I'm curious about getting smells out of fabrics...

Phwoar.. :eek:

Fair enough you want something thats going to work though. I'm not having any major issues at the moment so will go with the vinegar to start with, thanks for the recommendation though :thumbsup:

The big bottle was $80. I wanted something that was really effective and am happy to pay to give this a try.

:eek:

What's in it?

Vinegar :laugh:

Sorry couldn't resist....

do you use it neat or dilute it? Would be interesting to know how many 'doses' a big bottle like that would give you.

I don't know yet. Puppy doesn't come home until Saturday next week. Even if it is a waste of money, I'm not going to miss $80.

It doesn't say to dilute it on the bottle. Just to spray the area and let air dry then wipe off with damp cloth. Or something along those lines (at work at the moment).

Edited by smashtank

I'm finding this interesting ... currently working on house training our 10wk old Maltese. Not doing too bad for a baby, but he is preferring my loungeroom rug! I bought a spray bottle of "Stop" which was about $18 - petstore said they hate the smell of it so won't toilet where it is sprayed. Seems Banjo doesn't mind it :shrug: Might give the vinegar a go!

I'm finding this interesting ... currently working on house training our 10wk old Maltese. Not doing too bad for a baby, but he is preferring my loungeroom rug! I bought a spray bottle of "Stop" which was about $18 - petstore said they hate the smell of it so won't toilet where it is sprayed. Seems Banjo doesn't mind it :shrug: Might give the vinegar a go!

Haven't heard of that one. I thought the idea was to eliminate the smell rather than provide one...I know 'stop chew' is a nasty smelling/tasting deterrent. I hope they didn't sell you that!