Pet Insurance

mr.mister

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Moosepup, thats interesting to know about the wellness plan, so thanks, wouldnt be worth the hassle :) checking premiums for the plans without the wellness, its cheaper for petsecure, happy to pay more if the petplan is better though, so trying to find out as its almost $10 difference a mth :)

You have to do whatever makes you comfortable. The price difference was negligible for me and I preferred the PetPlan policy and reviews so went with them. Nacho came with 6 weeks cover so really I just had to switch Moose over when I renewed Nacho's policy.

Zoe is still covered by PetSecure as she was too old to change.

Can I take it out before pup arrives?

Yep, you can nominate your start date ( this is what I did so the payment for both dogs would come out on the same day).

ETA: I don't think there's any point starting it early as I'm pretty sure they don't cover them until they're 8 weeks old.

Edited by moosepup

I'd be questioning what they told you that conditions don't become pre-existing. They may call it something different, but try claiming for something and then trying to claim the exact same injury to the same body part the next year and they won't pay it.

It says on 3 out of 4 plans, accident only cat and dog and accident and illness dog

It seems odd that Choice who are normally pretty good have made their recommendation based on accident only??? I will certainly be going with PetPlan when my new puppy arrives.

I'd be questioning what they told you that conditions don't become pre-existing. They may call it something different, but try claiming for something and then trying to claim the exact same injury to the same body part the next year and they won't pay it.

Hmm yes I'd at least propose that scenario to them to get confirmation first for your piece of mind fairystar.

Not sure, I basically worded it exactly as was on here about here about illnesses and that was the reply, you can see it on their FB page :)

I am thinking maybe pet plan maybe very similar and although more expensive seems to have great reviews on FB, so may just pick them. The breeder says RSPCA is good, so another thrown in the mix :)

It says on 3 out of 4 plans, accident only cat and dog and accident and illness dog

It seems odd that Choice who are normally pretty good have made their recommendation based on accident only??? I will certainly be going with PetPlan when my new puppy arrives.

My mistake, I misread the quoted Choice extract. It is very interesting and will look forward to hearing more on this thread. PetPlan seems to be the one that most here recommend and many Petsecure policy holders seem to wish to change over or go with Petplan next time around?

We have had pet insurance with Manchester Unity from day 1 of owning our Newf.

our breeders assured us this was imperative with his breed.

I wouldn't be without it. At just 27 months old- he's just had his second cruciate surgery. We cotton wooled him- no climbing stairs- no jumping- no horseplay- no encouraging running- and still he I'd it- TWICE!!

Our premium accident and illness cover is $23/month with a $200 excess. 80% of vet fees and treatment covered.

So worth it.

I feel terrible that he's done this to both knees now- but very thankful that we've had insurance.