Warning - Cocoa Mulch

It's not used much here at all thankfully unless you have 'connections', I can get it through a family friend who has links to a chocolate factory but that's about it. It does smell divine though and I did think it would be pretty nice in a pot of strawberries or mint LOL. hadn't thought of the toxicity side of things so thanks for pointing this out.

Not sure if I have ever seen that in Australia but thanks for the heads up. In Australia we use a lot of fibre from the coconut for mulch & potting mix which is what I thought it was when I first saw your post. But this stuff appears to be made from the coco bean which is what chocolate is made from.

Actually I might mention it to my aunt whose other half does the chocolate factory displays and was going to get some from the factory kitchen, I don't know if she ever got any but it was spoken about and she's a dog owner and foster carer so the info might be of interest to her.

Well she got back to me and seems it's unlikely to be an issue in Australia thankfully as the cocoa is processed into raw chocolate overseas and then sent over here.

Very little shell waste at Pannys as he doesn't manufacture the raw chocolate, very few in Australia do. Although smaller 'eco' choc makers might sell bags of it.