Dog Killed At Kennel By Another Dog

Rosetta

I was driving home after spending time at Fagan Park with the kids and my foster dog today.

The road home between Glenorie and Maralyala is very bendy so it is not unusual to get stuck behind a bunch of cars doing 20km. I thought that was the issue, then thought it was bike riders, nope, two stunning perfectly clipped Standard Poodles in clear panic running all over and across the road.

Everyone stayed clear and slowed down though not one person stopped.

I pulled over and called them over (I was lucky as I still had my training pouch) They came when called and sat for me,the female kept her distance until I slipped a lead over her friend.

Gorgeous dogs and clearly very treasured. Both had collars and tags so I called the owners (who live in an affluent area on the North Shore)

The owner was so distraught as she had paid to board her dogs while they were away.

Not long afterwards and during the phone conversation a woman comes down on a buggy, grabs my phone and says to the owner "don't panic, they were just going to the training area"

I said "No, both dogs were running loose in a panic a long way up the road" "I am suprised they were not hit"

and I asked her for my phone back.

She handed me the phone and while still on her buggy she grabs the leads from me. Both dogs freaked and were in a panic at the end of the leads.

I took the dogs back (for their own welfare) and said I would walk the dogs back myself and follow her. Both dogs were clearly distressed, I would shoot someone for treating my dogs in any similar manner.

I followed her with both dogs who were well trained and walked at heel. She drives into a paddock and yells at both dogs to get inside :eek: I walked through the gate and asked both dogs to sit, rewarded them, slipped the leads off and rewarded again.

The (sorry I have to say this) dumb ass knuckle head then said to me "you should not reward other peoples dogs"!!

Oh, ok dogs you are boarding are running the streets, you then attempt to drag them behind your buggy/mower, lie to their owners and now it is wrong to reward with food :eek:

There are some fantastic boarding kennels in my area though seriously stay clear of this one!

Which one?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was driving home after spending time at Fagan Park with the kids and my foster dog today.

The road home between Glenorie and Maralyala is very bendy so it is not unusual to get stuck behind a bunch of cars doing 20km. I thought that was the issue, then thought it was bike riders, nope, two stunning perfectly clipped Standard Poodles in clear panic running all over and across the road.

Everyone stayed clear and slowed down though not one person stopped.

I pulled over and called them over (I was lucky as I still had my training pouch) They came when called and sat for me,the female kept her distance until I slipped a lead over her friend.

Gorgeous dogs and clearly very treasured. Both had collars and tags so I called the owners (who live in an affluent area on the North Shore)

The owner was so distraught as she had paid to board her dogs while they were away.

Not long afterwards and during the phone conversation a woman comes down on a buggy, grabs my phone and says to the owner "don't panic, they were just going to the training area"

I said "No, both dogs were running loose in a panic a long way up the road" "I am suprised they were not hit"

and I asked her for my phone back.

She handed me the phone and while still on her buggy she grabs the leads from me. Both dogs freaked and were in a panic at the end of the leads.

I took the dogs back (for their own welfare) and said I would walk the dogs back myself and follow her. Both dogs were clearly distressed, I would shoot someone for treating my dogs in any similar manner.

I followed her with both dogs who were well trained and walked at heel. She drives into a paddock and yells at both dogs to get inside :eek: I walked through the gate and asked both dogs to sit, rewarded them, slipped the leads off and rewarded again.

The (sorry I have to say this) dumb ass knuckle head then said to me "you should not reward other peoples dogs"!!

Oh, ok dogs you are boarding are running the streets, you then attempt to drag them behind your buggy/mower, lie to their owners and now it is wrong to reward with food :eek:

There are some fantastic boarding kennels in my area though seriously stay clear of this one!

Which one?

Do you mean the knuckle head DD? or a good kennel? I never knew this one was even there to be honest. It is not far from me though I will have to google or something to find out exactly.