K9 Noseworks Seminar & Workshop Melbourne

Friends of Manningham Dogs and Cats will be hosting trainers Jennifer Brown and Marion Brand to run a K9 Nose Work day at our club house in Donvale.

When: Saturday August 17th for an 8.30 start or a 12 noon start depending on your preference - both sessions are identical.

Your dog may get multiple turns at the workshop but also needs to be able to settle quietly in a crate or in your car at other times. For this reason, if your dog is fearful towards other dogs they can participate as each dog's movements will be closely managed around the other dogs.

For those interested in Treibball, Marion will be giving a presentation about this sport during lunch.

Places are limited, but we'd love to be at full capacity for each session so that hopefully word will get around about this great sport and we can hold more workshops in the future! :)

Grab a booking form here: http://fomdac.org.au/k9-nose-works-2013.html

If you choose to direct deposit your fee, you can scan and email your form back to us. :)

Hope to see you there!

I have been waiting for more than 12 months for this to come to Melbourne and it is the ONE weekend I have a work function that I can't get out of. So gutted :cry:

Oh no! :( :(

We're looking at getting some air-con for our building next year so hopefully we can run some more days without needing to worry about the weather.

Do you know if they run events like this in NSW at all? I'd be very interested in getting my beagle x involved in scent work because he's really good at finding things I hide around the backyard. I'd be keen to see him go further but have been unsure where to look.

We just signed ourselves up. If Gus can sniff out a single chop bone in a bag of lawn clippings and find it accordingly this should be a ball.

I'll post this to a few friends too, see if anyone else is up to make a day of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder if you're yet to send in your form and payment but you do want to attend.

I've got very limited spaces for the afternoon session, there is still good accessibility for the morning session.

Yummy lunch is included in the cost per person and we'll have an espresso van there so you can purchase hot drinks while you wait for your dog's turn. :thumbsup:

We've got a wonderful selection of breeds coming too. :thumbsup:

I only need a Malinois on the list then I have the whole set of Belgians. :laugh:

How exciting! Although I would expect the Laekenois to be the missing representative!

• 5 months later...