Best & Worst Dog Breeds For Families

samoyedman

And a Beagle for an elderly person? Really?

I was :eek: when i saw that as well.

And i dare someone to tell Georgia she needs to go to a new home because she shouldn't be living with children under 10. A sloth is more energetic than Georgia. She's currently living with a week old lamb and she's had a stream of children all under the age of 6 coming and going.

ETA Oh dear i showed o/h the article and now he's gone off on a rant. :laugh: Apparently you should fix the lazy teen not the dog amongst other things. :laugh:

Edited by perrin

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume all those young, single fun runners will be advised to ditch their border collies once they partner up? Don't let facts stand in the way of a stereotype. My young border collie is no doubt on the couch at home snoozing until the return of his beloved 10 year old mistress/sibling. Bamboo is definitely at the lazy end of the collie spectrum, but that suits us just fine, and he is a brilliant family pet. Up for anything from swimming and fetch to endless belly rubs while watching tv. I don't know why people insist on producing such poorly researched and over-generalised articles.

And i dare someone to tell Georgia she needs to go to a new home because she shouldn't be living with children under 10. A sloth is more energetic than Georgia. She's currently living with a week old lamb and she's had a stream of children all under the age of 6 coming and going.

We better not tell Bruno either Perrin. Both kids were under 10 when we got him.

Here he is with one of them (gosh, maybe he ate the other child?) He spends a lot of time like this.

Boxers and kids. Just the worst....

1075678_10151612130454682_474479340_n.jpg

This is pretty much what my energetic borders do all day!

qmzyar.jpg

:rofl: For a minute there I thought you'd stolen my dog :laugh: . Rory is a great one for sleeping upside down like that.

Glad I'm not the only one with 'defective' Border Collies .. if there's no action, mine are asleep - that said - they're ready for action as soon as they're needed - and they get heaps of mental stimulation. So maybe they're not 'defective' after all.

Bdut I'm the same as others - very careful who I recommend the breed to.