Clipping Time

Leah82

Our Cocker is off getting clipped today, first time since before Easter. He's been a big teddy bear for awhile now but it's time to go.

Here are the before pics, will upload the afters when I see him tonight :)

null_zps4a1e9fb2.jpg

null_zps2cba1dba.jpg

null_zps2ce2cd2d.jpg

He's a lovely boy Leah! :thumbsup: He looks so proud in his second "after" pic! :laugh:

I'm glad they didn't take too much off him in this cold weather.

Harvey looks like a yak at the moment :eek: I've been putting off getting him done cause it's been freezing here at night lately.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The hippy phase!!! Oh dear!

I didn't know they got so fluffy!

From what I gather because he was neutered and clipped before his adult coat came in his coat became very thick and woolly rather than being feathery all over. But I'm very happy with the job the groomers did, now he looks like a real cocker :D

Apologies for the hijack Leah :o

hijack away, I love to see pics of other peoples cockers. I especially like the mop of hair on his head in the hippy phase :)

Impatiens - would love to see hairy Harvey as well

I used the groomer before when our rescue Sarah needed a bit of de-matting without taking off too much length and was very happy with that but our Cocker hadn't been there before.

We've had a few experiences recently where "leave the feathers' was translated into clip him all over but don't touch his ears or tail at all :p

When we get the time and money I'm going to look into doing a grooming course, I get way too much enjoyment out of washing, brushing, combing and trimming our dogs not to turn it into a bit of backup income