Fence Jumper And Scaler

animal ark 22

the quickest easiest and cheapest way is a yolk made from poly pipe

post-199-0-98788000-1375501383_thumb.jpg

Ha Steve, maybe not, there was a little terrier visiting our pottery group last week who had a poly-stick so he obviously worked out how to get out.

If you dont have two - crossing at the front they work out how to go over or under but with the V shape Ive never heard of one beating it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the sake of adopting families, fence jumpers and escape artists should not be rehomed. It is not fair on the adopting families to put them through it, not matter how well prepared they think they are.

I will never rehome a fence jumper again, all fence jumpers and escape artists are given their wings.

I agree with this - in fact in some states its illegal to so.

For the sake of adopting families, fence jumpers and escape artists should not be rehomed. It is not fair on the adopting families to put them through it, not matter how well prepared they think they are.

I will never rehome a fence jumper again, all fence jumpers and escape artists are given their wings.

That sounds sensible .....

Whippets and Staffords are notorious escape artists and as much as it pains me, if one comes into care, it doesn't leave. There are so many dogs out there that don't have issues and need help, there's no point wasting precious resources, potentially giving rescue a bad name and breaking the hearts of a new family.

I rehomed one that I thought was going to the right place, that being an inner city home with no yard, which meant no fences to jump. This one decided to squeeze through less than 10cm security bars on a window open a fraction and bugger off down a main road.

Never again

we thought we had done wonders with our fence raised it 8ft put other fencing on top at a slight angle .All good he stayed in the yard then heard a noise he was in the front put him back in the back yard tied him up raised the fences and all good then NO SOUND this time he was over cleanly .... Ive been in touch with the rescue and some professionals and they are taking over sadly while not only dealing with the issues the grief and the heartache its people who begin to judge your methods and decisions that get into your head with the guilt tripping that make these times even harder.Most of us know the answers but when it doesn"t seem fair we look for excuses but as the days turn into weeks and you try everything even knowing the outcome and making the hard choices it doesn"t make it any easier ....

Then you are criticised blamed and continue to live with the decision .

I too had the same thoughts sometimes people can say all the right things but with time we all make mistakes or slip up .I was so angy at the person who left him at the pound they must have known these things and besides not giving a rats about their dog they didn"t give a rats about someone else going through it .While everyone says but you"ve given him a home and shown him what love is etc it doesn"t take the pain away

That sounds sensible .....

Whippets and Staffords are notorious escape artists and as much as it pains me, if one comes into care, it doesn't leave. There are so many dogs out there that don't have issues and need help, there's no point wasting precious resources, potentially giving rescue a bad name and breaking the hearts of a new family.

I rehomed one that I thought was going to the right place, that being an inner city home with no yard, which meant no fences to jump. This one decided to squeeze through less than 10cm security bars on a window open a fraction and bugger off down a main road.

Never again

we thought we had done wonders with our fence raised it 8ft put other fencing on top at a slight angle .All good he stayed in the yard then heard a noise he was in the front put him back in the back yard tied him up raised the fences and all good then NO SOUND this time he was over cleanly .... Ive been in touch with the rescue and some professionals and they are taking over sadly while not only dealing with the issues the grief and the heartache its people who begin to judge your methods and decisions that get into your head with the guilt tripping that make these times even harder.Most of us know the answers but when it doesn"t seem fair we look for excuses but as the days turn into weeks and you try everything even knowing the outcome and making the hard choices it doesn"t make it any easier ....

Then you are criticised blamed and continue to live with the decision .

I too had the same thoughts sometimes people can say all the right things but with time we all make mistakes or slip up .I was so angy at the person who left him at the pound they must have known these things and besides not giving a rats about their dog they didn"t give a rats about someone else going through it .While everyone says but you"ve given him a home and shown him what love is etc it doesn"t take the pain away

Except many people who leave their dog at a pound expect that it wont go to another home. Lots of people take their dog to a pound with the expectation it will be put to sleep without the high vet costs etc. Its why there is such a huge need to assess dogs that come through and why foster carers are so important to be able to assess these things, health issues and temperament issues, to be honest and for the rescue group to do what is best for the dog and any family which may take them .The concept of no kill is all well and good until you have to live with a nightmare.

Years ago one of our neighbours adopted a Stafford x Amstaff, 6' fences hardly slowed him down. I took him back home more than once and we had to hide and wait to see how he escaped from a new fence. They sprung him from the pound a couple of times but when he kept jumping in to my yard I got the shits with them - I had to keep my own dogs locked up in case he got in my yard and he was PTS for killing my chooks.

I am all for PTS fence jumpers for this very reason. If the original owners can't prevent it then it's not fair on any one else - especially if they were not told the real reason the dog was dumped in the first place.

the quickest easiest and cheapest way is a yolk made from poly pipe

post-199-0-98788000-1375501383_thumb.jpg

This brought back memories of one of my ponies. The bugger could jump a standard farm fence or if the bottom wire was missing he rolled under it. He wore a few accessories trying to prevent him for getting out. New fences fixed him.