Accommodation Near Kcc Park

Celt

Hi all,

I have been reading all the old posts about people finding it difficult to arrange good pet friendly accommodation close to KCC Park.

I am at this moment deciding whether to fit out our new unit which is on 5 park like acres as a dog friendly accommodation. It is a 25 min drive

to KCC park. We are set up for dogs already, so there would be dog bathing facilities etc, huge lock up yard with runs attached to the unit,

so you could leave dogs there if you want to go back up to KCC park or out for dinner. I was thinking soft crates allowed inside the unit.

there is plenty of space for parking dog trailers. Now the big question, is it too far out from KCC park?

How soon will it be ready and how much per night?? :)

I think it sounds like a great idea. Most options I found when looking for accommodation over there were 10 - 20 mins away. I would happily travel the bit extra for the benefit of the additional facilities.

I would include an area for metal crates inside. My dogs are fine in soft crates in new places but some wouldn't be. Better to put down some lino for the metal crates then replace the couch eaten during the night :D

I would include an area for metal crates inside. My dogs are fine in soft crates in new places but some wouldn't be. Better to put down some lino for the metal crates then replace the couch eaten during the night :D

Thanks for the tips !! If anyone has anymore it would be great to hear from you. I will probably be up and running by early 2014. Let me know what would be the ideal accommodation when you are travelling to KCC Park and what problems you have encountered at other places.

Cheers

Perhaps good outside lighting so if arriving back from a show ending late, people can see to unload their cars & trailers?? Nothing worse than trying to scramble around in the dark looking for things. Please keep up posted - would rather drive 25 minutes and have the great facilities you sound like you are going to have than be closer with nothing.

From when I came over in feb 2012

I stayed in mahogany motel Cranbourne and really wished I hadn't - it was feral and expensive.

Some other South Australians stayed at the fourth furlong...

http://fourthfurlong.budgetmotelchain.com.au/

which looks feral but in fact was much nicer and quieter and cleaner than MM. And they allow dogs. They're not supposed to be in rooms but the lady that manages the place doesn't fuss if there's no extra work for her. She smokes (or did when I visited) but the rooms don't smell bad, unlike MM...

If I was going again, I'd stay there. It's opposite the racecourse but with easy access to Western Port Highway via Hall road or Thomas Road. Traffic going to Melbourne starts getting slow around 7:30am - I was a bit surprised by that. If you can be on the road to KCC park by 7:15am - it was quick otherwise - you'd blow your 8am setup time...

Sounds great, which direction from KCC park is it (north, south, east, west)?

We are at Koo Wee Rup so I suppose southeast of KCC Park. There is a quick back way cut through to Cranbourne from here.

No traffic ever until you hit Cranbourne. 25 minutes drive.