A Bit Of Hydrobath Advice

cassie

If you don't have access to running hot/cold water I think you will regret getting a single tank - rinsing the dogs well is very important.

This bath has a heater, so I only need access to a cold tap...right?

You'll need to look at how the bath works. You might find that you have to rinse with cold water or wait for the water to reheat in a single tank.

I personally find waiting for the water to heat up annoying and would prefer to use a hot tap.

I have a single tank hydrobath but a tap is plumbed above it so I use fresh water to rinse.

Thanks everyone, it sounds like the hot tap is definitely the way to go. I really appreciate everyone's advice, this is exactly the sort of information I needed not having used one before, so thankyou. Fingers crossed I come home with a new toy today and we'll go from there :)

The taps are just on the wall above the bath. I also use the taps to fill up the wash tank, just much faster rather than waiting for the element to heat the water. So basically I dont use the element at all and only use the pump for when hydrobathing the dogs.

Hmm I was so hellbent on finding a heated hydrobath, I guess it's not a problem if you have access to hot water though. It'll be good perhaps if we don't get hot water plumbed out there straight away, I can persevere with the heater in the mean time.

laugh.gif Yeah, don't mention all the brushes, colognes, shampoos, coat products......

Liberty tables are good. But if oh is handy, my first table was built by my step dad and is still going strong (altho used for chook feed now out of pug reach!). He just welded four legs and put some sort of non slip stuff up the top.

Thanks Clyde :) Yes OH is super handy, he's a boilermaker (welder) by trade so the plan is for him to knock one together for me. I'll probably just buy the frame to go on it. Thanks for the shampoo recommendation too! I will get some :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...