Clean Run Magazine..calling Computer Nerds

sheena

I have been receiving the digital version of Clean Run now for 4 years & have never had any problem saving it to my desktop....it has been coming as "Installer Package" but this month's one is in a Zip File & I am having no luck. Here is the response I got from Clean Run & NXTbooks

Below is the response we received from NXTBook regarding the zip files.

“It opens using Adobe Air. She needs to have version 3.7 of Air installed. She also needs to be online. She should be able to download the executable file instantly but if she only has the option to download the zip file then within the zip file she'll need to click on the executable file to open the book.

I was going to post this in the "Off Topic" but thought it might reach more people here :)

You just need to unzip the file after you've downloaded it. Right click -> unzip (or it may say extract)

thanks minimax....just tried that & I was still left with nothing :(

It will unzip it to a new folder, usually named the same as the zip file or wherever you specify, so you'll then end up with two folders, one zipped and one unzipped. Your file will be in the unzipped one. You have to download the file first and save it to your computer.

You just need to unzip the file after you've downloaded it. Right click -> unzip (or it may say extract)

It will unzip it to a new folder, usually named the same as the zip file or wherever you specify, so you'll then end up with two folders, one zipped and one unzipped. Your file will be in the unzipped one. You have to download the file first and save it to your computer.

:( I have found the unzipped one, but still can't open it :( Thanks for your help...I feel like throwing the thing out the window.

:( I have found the unzipped one, but still can't open it :( Thanks for your help...I feel like throwing the thing out the window.

Have you got Adobe Air, the program they said you need?

Have you got Adobe Air, the program they said you need?

Yep...the 3.7 version which they recommend. I have never had this problem before...always so simple. :cry:

Are there an other DOL's here who get the Clean Run Digitally :confused: If so am I the only one who is having problems :confused:

Can you open the sample edition they have available on their website? That will show if your software works, and if something on your computer is maybe blocking the content.

http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1459&ParentCat=135

CR says you can download them as a PDF instead if you want, have you tried that?

Edited by minimax

I just downloaded the sample issue & saved it to my desktop with no problems. It didn't go as a Zip file. I have now downloaded the September issue in PDF format, but shouldn't need to do that. But thanks minimax for your help. No doubt by morning I will have another reply from CR about it & see if they can come up with something. Surely I am not the only subscriber that has received it in Zip format :(

I just downloaded the sample issue & saved it to my desktop with no problems. It didn't go as a Zip file. I have now downloaded the September issue in PDF format, but shouldn't need to do that. But thanks minimax for your help. No doubt by morning I will have another reply from CR about it & see if they can come up with something. Surely I am not the only subscriber that has received it in Zip format :(

After you unzip it, what format is the file?

After I unzip it, it becomes a file folder with AirAppNxtbookLoader,cleanrun-0913-app,mimetype. When I click on the cleanrun-0913-apps which I think is supposed to be the folder that installs it on my computer, I get this

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.5"><id>cedd2e5e6aa4802cafb2bbf3a67dbc06</id><filename>cleanrun_0913</filename><name>Clean Run - September 2013</name><versionNumber>1.0.1</versionNumber><supportedProfiles>extendedDesktop desktop</supportedProfiles><copyright>Copyright © 2013 Nxtbook Media</copyright>-<initialWindow><content>AirAppNxtbookLoader.swf</content><width>800</width><height>600</height><x>100</x><y>100</y></initialWindow><installFolder>cleanrun/cleanrun</installFolder>-<icon><image16x16>icon/airapp_16.png</image16x16><image32x32>icon/airapp_32.png</image32x32><image48x48>icon/airapp_48.png</image48x48><image128x128>icon/airapp_128.png</image128x128></icon></application>

Clean Run have been no help, they think that I am just being stupid. But they have never sent it through before as a ZIP file :(

After I unzip it, it becomes a file folder with AirAppNxtbookLoader,cleanrun-0913-app,mimetype. When I click on the cleanrun-0913-apps which I think is supposed to be the folder that installs it on my computer, I get this

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.5"><id>cedd2e5e6aa4802cafb2bbf3a67dbc06</id><filename>cleanrun_0913</filename><name>Clean Run - September 2013</name><versionNumber>1.0.1</versionNumber><supportedProfiles>extendedDesktop desktop</supportedProfiles><copyright>Copyright © 2013 Nxtbook Media</copyright>-<initialWindow><content>AirAppNxtbookLoader.swf</content><width>800</width><height>600</height><x>100</x><y>100</y></initialWindow><installFolder>cleanrun/cleanrun</installFolder>-<icon><image16x16>icon/airapp_16.png</image16x16><image32x32>icon/airapp_32.png</image32x32><image48x48>icon/airapp_48.png</image48x48><image128x128>icon/airapp_128.png</image128x128></icon></application>

Clean Run have been no help, they think that I am just being stupid. But they have never sent it through before as a ZIP file :(

Try contacting the people that make the book directly - http://www.nxtbookmedia.com/contact-us/support-faqs.php