Dog Shot At Wendouree Home

Zereuloh

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks but you don't need to give me examples - I've actually had real life experience of standing in court and running such arguments before a judge.

And you're still wrong - the law does not say you can use equal force. It allows you to use a reasonable response to prevent harm/ death.

Gold

Giving a lawyer a lesson in law was really quite funny!

Tralee may like to convey the impression he has legal qualifications but to the best of my knowledge that's not the case. Anyone can represent themselves in court.

Thanks but you don't need to give me examples - I've actually had real life experience of standing in court and running such arguments before a judge.

And you're still wrong - the law does not say you can use equal force. It allows you to use a reasonable response to prevent harm/ death.

Gold

Giving a lawyer a lesson in law was really quite funny!

It can be.

We gave the Ranger and the City Council Lawyers a lesson they won't forget.

Lawyers are not God and some are not Saints.

They also get things wrong, they're not exempt from human failings.

I've found out more about laws in this forum then i have in my own real life experiences and i think that's just down the the fact that most other people have no idea about the law either.

I've found out more about the Law since I've had dogs than I ever cared to know.

I've found out more about laws in this forum then i have in my own real life experiences and i think that's just down the the fact that most other people have no idea about the law either.

Ignorance is no excuse

If you don't know you don't know. if people want you to follow the law then they should probably make it more accessible to you. Not everyone is going to spend their days trawling through legislations and acts to see if what they are doing is lawful or not.

The Law is like my Job.

It interferes with my lifestyle. :laugh:

Let's not list all the anachronistic laws that have been repealed because they were proven to be damaging.

Divorce, child custody, abortion, homosexuality, need I go on?

And they want to call us ignorant. :confused:

The lack of humility beggars belief really. :cry:

Edited by Tralee

Teachers are also not lawyers.

Someone has to teach the Lawyers.

The list of the greatest thinkers who ever lived is predominately made up of teachers.

Well since you are a high school teacher and not a law lecturer I think my point still stands :rofl:

It might if your lawyer friends have a Masters in Law. :rofl:

The list of the greatest thinkers who ever lived is predominately made up of teachers.

Well since you are a high school teacher and not a law lecturer I think my point still stands :rofl:

So let me see, if you have friends who are lawyers you are qualified to teach law? So since I know Danois and Haredown by default I will absorb their law knowledge and be good enough to teach law, sweeeeeeeeeet! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Since I have already taught courses at uni it should be even easier for me than you, I'm going to make some calls tomorrow, teaching law here I come!

Edited by Reverend Jo

My brother is a civil engineer. That doesn't make me an expert in bridge building.

Ignorance is no excuse

If you don't know you don't know. if people want you to follow the law then they should probably make it more accessible to you. Not everyone is going to spend their days trawling through legislations and acts to see if what they are doing is lawful or not.

I'll make it easy for you, as ignorance really is no excuse.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/caa1998174/

Ignorance is no excuse

I'll make it easy for you, as ignorance really is no excuse.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/caa1998174/

Yeah as I said. I don't have time to sit and read through then memorize the companion animals act. If they want us to obey obscure laws they need to provide signage as I won't be carrying the act around in my pocket.

as I won't be carrying the act around in my pocket.

you can, easily enough ;) I do .. but don't read it much :p

It does come in handy to have info with you sometimes :)

HERE or HERE

I don't have an iphone or an andriod. I use the family phone which stays at my house. I don't like techonology much lol. But thanks :D

as I won't be carrying the act around in my pocket.

you can, easily enough ;) I do .. but don't read it much :p

It does come in handy to have info with you sometimes :)

HERE or HERE

I don't have an iphone or an andriod. I use the family phone which stays at my house. I don't like techonology much lol. But thanks :D

possibly a good thing ;)