Bicycle Chains Dog Sculptures ;)

julesluvscavs

The sculptures are cute, thanks for posting.

But it was ruined for me by the write up under 'mutt', such absurd pseudoscience hurts my eyes, lol.

Edited by Diva

Yeah Diva someone pointed out to me later about some of the comments on that link, sorry embarrass.gif I was only looking at the art pics and was only wanting to share that aspect of it ;)

Understood, not having a go. The sculptures are great

I'm not kidding myself that my comment will actually get published but I just submitted this:

"Most mutts are healthier than purebreds. This is because mutts tend to receive the best genes from both parents. Weaker genes that cause problems die off and mutts are then able to show all their strengths with their health, happiness, and lack of aggression (VIA: WIKI)”

There’s a reason you shouldn’t source scientific facts from Wikipedia. Every single statement in this is incorrect. In a perfect natural selection situation seen in wild animals this would be correct, in a mutt breeding situation the chances of deleterious genes showing up in crossbred dogs are greatly increased due to irresponsible owners breeding dogs despite their poor genetic health.

How about FACT: Mutts can make great pets too, rather than sourcing your next pet from a pet store or an irresponsible backyard breeder have a look in local pounds and rescue services.

I just lurve metal sculpture!!

When I visit Townsville I often walk the doggies up Castle Hill and there is a front yard that always has one interesting metal sculpture comprised mostly of bike chain and rims just before the "stairway to heaven". The work is always a different piece when I walk past (which is usually at least a year between visits). I've always wanted to ask them about it when I'm not gasping for oxygen because it seems so unique, I'm surprised that so many different artists use bike chains.

Wish I was the artistic type :cry: