Looking For Boxer Breeder From The 1970's

Mum1

Hi there

I have been trying to find the contacts for a breeder that bred my first boxer and started my 30 year plus love of this breed. Im not sure of the spelling as I've long since lost her papers, but from memory she was called 'Trenlee Sweet Charity'. Spelling of T r e n l e e is where Im coming unstuck. It was in NSW and we bought her in 1978 aprox. Im just wondering if after all these years, there might be some similar bloodlines around.

Would also love the contact of a other breeder in the North Richmond area, possibly on Bells Line or Kurrajong way. We bought the delight of our life from here in 2002 and only lost her last year. Sadly not reg and paperwork lost in our move to Vic.

I know its a long shot for any details of the breeders with so little info but maybe someone might be aware.

Kind regards

Mum do you have a date of birth or remember either of the parents names? You can track down details via gazettes if you must but you need a dob at least. Then you could confirm the prefix, once you are sure about that it would be a matter of contacting either Dogs NSW or the Boxer club of NSW.

Do you remember the prefix of the other dog?

I had a quick look on the pedigree facility of the DOGS NSW member area, there is a Trenlie Sweet Charity, Trenlie was a boxer breeder but it doesn't appear that they have had many litters so I would guess they aren't breeding anymore

Oh Goldenwel, thats my girl. Am tearing up now, just thinking of her and your reply. Would there be any way of tracking any other progeny (horse term, I know lol) or any other dogs still breeding with these lines?

Ive just found out that the other address of our other girl was Comleroy Rd, Kurrajong (Nth Richmond).

Sincerest thanks for everyones help, so very much appreciated.

Now you have correct spelling try google, you may find another Trenlie and then track the lines if possible

http://www.boxerpedigrees.info/details.php?id=92462

I found this Trenlie dog from google.

Which has kerribrook and Charmore in the breeding.

A google of Kerribrook brings up Breeder Tony Valli, a show judge whom it says is still judging and bred boxers since 1960s.

May be a long shot but it's a start to tracking down old lines.

Edited by Angeluca

• 2 years later...

I know this question was posted a long time ago however in answer to Trenlie. It was Margaret McFarland who owned this prefix and bred your dog.

Her husband passed away and she remarried so grew out of the show dog phase. She was living in Sydney up till about 10 -12 years ago when I think she moved to Qld around Bribie.

Not sure if she has since returned to Sydney or moved again. But definitely not breeding Boxers anymore.

Hope this helps :).