Addison And Now Seizure

Sylvie

Sounds like an appropriate starting dose age to my uneducated eyes.

I can't recall Monte's starting dose. He was on 60mg twice a day for most of his life. Towards the end his dosage was reduced and when he died he was on 30mg twice a day.

Monte was also on another drug called Bromide and this was switched to Keppra in the last year or so.

Monte weighed between 8.8 and 9kilos normally.

• 4 weeks later...

The first couple of days were definitely the worse. He adapted quiet well to the wobbliness after that and went back to his old happy self, bossing his brother around, jumping on his feet every time we moved. "What are you doing? Where are we going now? Can I come? Can I have a cuddle? Now!..." Just so lively in spite of stumbling around. I told my husband on Friday morning how well he was going with the medication.

Unfortunately, on Friday evening he refused to go for a walk, tail down and started shaking like a leaf. Took him to the vet who put him on a drip with Valium to try and stop the convulsions but she called us an hour later saying that they did not stop and his temperature was starting to rise. We took his preferred toy and went to say goodbye and accompany him on his last journey.:cry:

Fly free my little boy :rainbowbridge:

post-41249-0-80522000-1384132392_thumb.jpg post-41249-0-97564200-1384132391_thumb.jpg post-41249-0-62590300-1384129694_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sylvie

Thanks everybody.

We are missing him a lot, and Apollo is pretty depressed. On Monday he did not want to eat (which is unheard of for him) and was shaking like a leaf (we had storms around and he hates them). A call to the vet and she told us to try roast chicken. So it was roast chicken for every one and he loved it. Still look very sad the following day, got sick in the morning (probably too much chicken, but seems a bit better since. I take him for 2 walks a day, and my husband took him for a ride to the tip yesterday and keep him next to him while working in the backyard. He is still very quiet, not reacting to noises or us moving around. Hardly wanting to leave his bed except is there is food involved. We try to keep him entertain as much we can and hopefully he will get better.

Thanks again for all your kind words.

Sylvie

PS: Anne did you find someone to send the left over Phenobarbital? I have about half a bottle left, which is not much but if it can help someone.

Oh Sylvie and family I am so sorry :cry:. Rest easy Ares :rainbowbridge:.

I do hope Apollo picks up soon, the poor lad. Give him a gantle pat from me.

Hi Sylvie, I have found someone who needs them as other probably read, we've just been a little slow coordinating the handover. I can recall there was someone else with a dog with epilepsy but I am not sure who.

It's such a shame or waste them given they're not a cheap drug to buy either.

Hi Sylvie, I have found someone who needs them as other probably read, we've just been a little slow coordinating the handover. I can recall there was someone else with a dog with epilepsy but I am not sure who.

It's such a shame or waste them given they're not a cheap drug to buy either.

Thanks Anne,

I did post on your thread and Ams contacted me as she has an epileptic dog too. We are trying to organize a pick up as she lives not too far away from me.

Oh Sylvie and family I am so sorry :cry:. Rest easy Ares :rainbowbridge:.

I do hope Apollo picks up soon, the poor lad. Give him a gantle pat from me.

Thanks Clover, I gave him the gentle pat. He is still very quiet, but seems a bit more interested in the world around.

I was a bit worried yesterday as I found he was a bit off colour: inner hear very pale and gum not quiet as pink as I would hope. But he had just vomited a little before I checked and was very keen on the walk later so I guess I am worrying too much (as my husband keep telling me). Keeping an eye on him though.

I started reading this thread this morning & following it with much anticipation for good results.

Then his passing, so sad, for you & for his brother. :cry:

RIP little man & I hope Apollo feels better soon. I know it affects them as much as it does us.

Thanks Anne,

I did post on your thread and Ams contacted me as she has an epileptic dog too. We are trying to organize a pick up as she lives not too far away from me.

That's great. Sorry about the typos in my post too! My iPad's predictive text has a mind of its own. Sometimes I read my posts back and have no idea how it creates the words it does! I'm glad you got my meaning though. :laugh: