Victorian Gundog Club Training Day

Nekhbet, good luck with that fancy dress costume X-)

So are spectators welcome? I'd love to learn some more about retrieving but my dog is only 7 mo.

Mine's only the same age! We'll be bringing a long line just in case (if I can find one that quick!)

Cmon! Don't leave me and my clown puppy out on our own! :o

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooray! We've been down the creek practicing :o

The will is there, but the focus wanes...

That's something we will definitely discuss - I don't expect youngsters to be able to focus for too long. Quality not quantity :)

In all likelihood I will be taking the raw beginners so look forward to meeting you all!

Hooray! We've been down the creek practicing :o

The will is there, but the focus wanes...

That's something we will definitely discuss - I don't expect youngsters to be able to focus for too long. Quality not quantity :)

In all likelihood I will be taking the raw beginners so look forward to meeting you all!

I'm really excited! I've been faffing around looking for somewhere to start with it all. I'm really looking forward to it. I will see you then, with the clown puppy...

I'd love to come and watch some gundog action at work. Our gundog is a bit useless with his PRA but I love watching dogs doing what they were bred to do.

There is a trial in Pittong (near Ballarat) this weekend.... :provoke:

Otherwise I'm sure you could come along and just spectate - make sure you drop Prue an email and double check though :)

That's a shame BB! Some sort of desire to retrieve is great even if they don't deliver to hand.

Just a reminder for all attendees to bring lunch and beverages for yourself plus water for your dogs. If you are coming as a raw beginner to work with me please bring a generous amount of small, soft, yummy treats for your dog.....cheese, 4 Legs, cooked/raw chicken, cooked sausage etc etc. Absolutely A grade treats please (and a variety) as it will be a highly distracting environment and we want to set them up for success :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I've just realised this is the day of my daughters' dance concert so I'll have to give it a miss, as much as I'd rather be playing with puppies than curling hair

What a shame! You would have had fun :thumbsup:

Never mind, there is always next time......can you let Prue know please BR if you have registered as attending? Many thanks :)