Victorian Gundog Club Training Day

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's the weather going to be like?

I suppose we will have to wait until tomorrow to get a 7 day forecast - could be HOT!

Do you know what temperature is the "cut off" point for Obedience, agility, retrieving trial etc?

I suppose we will have to wait until tomorrow to get a 7 day forecast - could be HOT!

Do you know what temperature is the "cut off" point for Obedience, agility, retrieving trial etc?

There used to be a cut off point but I think they have changed it so that the club can advertise it's own heat policy and this seems to be working well eg Ballarat cancelled their show scheduled for today on Friday afternoon. Retrieving is not mentioned in the rules as far as I am aware - I for one will be keeping a close eye on the forecast but there will be plenty of time to make a decision I think.

There used to be a cut off point but I think they have changed it so that the club can advertise it's own heat policy and this seems to be working well eg Ballarat cancelled their show scheduled for today on Friday afternoon. Retrieving is not mentioned in the rules as far as I am aware - I for one will be keeping a close eye on the forecast but there will be plenty of time to make a decision I think.

Each discipline has its own heat policy, cut off for Obedience, Rally. Tracking is 35 for example, it is only Conformation which allows clubs to make their own arrangements

Unfortunately the forecast for Sunday has not improved...

Dear All,

Due to the forecasted temperature, the extreme dry conditions and winds predicted on Sunday, the President of the VGC has cancelled the training day for safety reasons.

I apologise and will inform you all soon when we can possibly forecast another training day with better and more suitable weather condition's.

Where would i find out about these in NSW?

Try this link and let us know how you go!

http://www.australianworkingretrievercentral.org.au/bb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3167

ETA: As a newcomer to the sport I train a lot on my own but try to meet up with a few mentors to train with them when I can. It does mean a lot of travel but it's incredibly rewarding. It's quite different from obedience and agility etc in terms of training opportunities.

Edited by The Spotted Devil